New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Disco Idaho -woot!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Disco Idaho -woot!

Hi everyone,

My name is Tani and I just bought a tore up 97 Discovery SD. This is my 2nd project vehicle, but first ever Land Rover. Purchased from my neighbor yesterday, read the owners manual last night. Downloaded and checked out the RAVE. Today started pulling out/ cleaning up some non-working switches and such. I have 21 questions x10, however, I will post my questions and that kind of thing to the appropriate places, not in my intro.
I love to learn, all my life I have been asking questions & taking things apart. Now I'm a grandma and people ask me stuff, and that's cool. I owe it all to groups like this of knowledgeable folks who value sharing. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and having you beside me as I start this new project.

~When/if we find ourselves at the point of a Zombie Apocalypse I surely wont be a ruthless fighter, the prettiest, or a fearless leader, but everyone is gonna want me in their camp because I know STUFF, lots and lots of valuable stuff.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

If you read the owner's manual you shall recall that you are to check oil level every 250 miles. They are not kidding. Reading all of the RAVE and various sections is quite an exercise. If you have a code reader that also shows live data you will see how far off the instruments like temperature are. Basically a pretty tough machine that loves attention. Simple to fix with the RAVE.

Welcome to the addiction.

From owner's manual (seldom read by most owners)

Daily Checks
Look for deposits on the garage floor which may indicate a fluid leak.

These should be carried out at least every 250 miles (400 km).
• Engine oil level.
• Cooling system level.

Well, at least there is some truth in advertising still.