New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Discovery entusiast

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 AM
rcm
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery entusiast

Hello

I have a Discovery ll a 2001. Black SE with corner enhancement system. Love the car. Love the cornering capabilities with this car. Pirelli Scorpion is my favorite tires.

Have been looking around for engine performance upgrades but haven't found anything suitable/serious, for this old Buick 4.0 lit. V8. Scariest modification Iv'e seen so far is a universal supercharger bolt on. Most serious is replacing engine with a 4.6 lit newer engine and reprogram engine ecm. -Still not hp+ enough worth the effort. If this car had another 150 hp I would probably love it so much I would keep it forever. -since they don't make this model no more. Engine power is a sad story granted but I enjoy the handling very much.

Haven't had any trouble with it yet other then replaced a air mass flow sensor. Now I have a engine coolant leak I need to take care of. I'm going to do it since I love the car.

Living in the NorthWest there is a lot of off roading possible. Love it mostly on the road though.

RCM