New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings

Greetings, this is a good forum and I’m happy to be here. I purchased my first Land Rover in spring 2000. It was a 2000 Kent green Discovery series II. I bought it because my family owns land in the Pennsylvania mountains. I loved my Discovery, it had some quirks but they just made me love it even more. I never had any problems with it except for the time the dealership over tightened the locking lug nuts. After two broken lug nut keys they had to be cut off. They did not want to take responsibility at first but it was worked out in the end.

In late 2005 I was driving past an on ramp when a bone head motorist decided to pull out in front of me from a dead stop. I had to swerve to avoid crashing into him but had nowhere to go. I ended up going off the road and slamming into a dirt and rock wall. My Rover ended up on its passenger side. The other driver fled the accident and was not caught. I did not have a single scrape or bruise on me. One of the police officers remarked how little damage my Rover seemed to have. At that moment I made up my mind to by another Land Rover.

The insurance company listed the damage as “cosmetic” but chose to total my Discovery because they were afraid of hidden damage. I went straight to my dealership and ordered a 2006 Bonatti grey LR3 HSE. It took two weeks to receive it and was worth the wait. Two years in and no problems other then normal wear. Driving a horrible rental car for two weeks was enough to drive me mad.

-Curtis-