New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello!

Hello Gents and Ladies, my name is Jaime, from Ecuador, and I'm the owner of a late model Land Rover Series 2A, built almost 50 years ago. The machine spent it's maiden years in archeological digs on Sub Saharan Africa and then it crossed the pond strapped to the hull of a merchant ship, bathing in saltwater for a few weeks before it arrived to Ecuador.

Here, it lived for some time traveling around its rainforests and then on coastal digs, as the steed of the french Indiana Jones who had brought it all the way from the forgotten sands of Ubar, or wherever he had bought it. When he decided to return to France, tired of adventure, he passed it over to serve as the steed of a local Indiana Jones man, an archeologist named Malaquías, who is my cousin.

The car most certainly had a few bullets shot at it (I found such forgotten or ignored holes in places well hidden) and then spend the last 15 years immobile on a hut. Then it got to be mine, my cousin let me had it. It has some history, and I enjoy the old fellow. Mali called it 'the Millenium Falcon', not so much because he was a Star Wars fan, but because it had 'millenium' on it's name and since the car is old, it worked for him. Fixing it up has been an ongoing thing, but I can't say I dont enjoy it. Hell, I have another car and if it wasn't for the Series, I wouldn't have cared enought to change its differential fluid. Now I'm a changed man. Both cars getting the love.

Good to be here!

The Falcon doing its thing 20 years ago. I want to get him ready and soon get him to the ecuadorian badlands.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:45 PM
TReK
Received 556 Likes on 482 Posts

Cool! Welcome Jamie, nice to see another 2A.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 PM
TReK
Received 556 Likes on 482 Posts

Oh, I just clued in that you’re the same person as the last hello. Welcome again anyway. If you’re going to be posting your progress on it, you could post in the Series Land Rover part of this forum.