New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello from Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 03:48 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Massachusetts

Hi All,
I came here as a lurker this morning, looking for answers to some of my questions about Series, Defenders, Santanas, etc. All the sorts of questions noobs wonder about when they first start looking into these vehicles. After six hours at my desk, having done absolutely no work, I’ve decided it only makes sense to join the forum. I am fairly serious about buying a Land Rover in the near future. The thing that is most holding me up at the moment is I will only get one shot at this, and I want to make sure I don’t jump on the wrong vehicle. I think an 88/90 is the size for me. But, pickup or not; soft top of hard? Let’s not even get into all the engine options and the research I need to do to make sure I give myself the best shot at avoiding a lemon. And then, I discover that Santana is a thing. I never knew until today that there was another company making Land Rovers. Are Santana’s as collectible/desirable? Living int he U.S., I do like that they are all left hand drive.

Anyway, these are all questions I am sure I can start to answer for myself as I dig through the forums. Hopefully someday soon I will be posting pictures of me in my new(old) truck.

Cheers,
Dave.

Old 02-22-2021, 11:58 PM
TReK
Received 511 Likes on 443 Posts

Collectible/desirable is a bit hard to pinpoint sometimes. Apparently some of the Series 3 Santana’s actually had better build quality than the English built ones, when the Brits had let quality slip. I think in general the English built LR’s are slightly more desirable.
im trying to copy and paste a you tube video but not having success. Check out YouTube “What is a Land Rover Santana”

Old 02-24-2021, 10:41 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvlr
Collectible/desirable is a bit hard to pinpoint sometimes. Apparently some of the Series 3 Santana’s actually had better build quality than the English built ones, when the Brits had let quality slip. I think in general the English built LR’s are slightly more desirable.
im trying to copy and paste a you tube video but not having success. Check out YouTube “What is a Land Rover Santana”
Thanks!