New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello Group- New Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012 | 05:53 PM
|
2nd Gear
Default Hello Group- New Here

Just wanted to take a moment and say hello to the board. I'm a 40 year old male living in the Washington DC area married to a wonderful 27 year old and we have a 4 year old son. I currently don't and have never owned a Land Rover and that's my main purpose for joining. Currently I have a Grand Cherokee and its been a great vehicle- taken a lot of abuse and never left me stranded. I want to learn as much as possible about the vehicles before I purchase one. I likely will get a rover that is a couple of years old or older and I have no idea which to consider, I like the Discovery off hand because of the room it has. I will use it off road and in snow. I love working on vehicles and I'm a hobby machinist- My father was a machinist and while being raised I would help him build and repair stuff - therefore I developed a love to build and modify things like vehicles, computers, RC toys, electronic stuff etc. I also surf, snowboard, mtn. bike and love camping, the outdoors and adventure in general. I hope to meet many of you through great discussions and wish everyone a great Memorial Day weekend!

Mike

Old 08-29-2012 | 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome. Full set of shop manuals is the RAVE down load below. You will find that Rovers will challenge your expertise in many area, including vile language when tiny ears might overhear. Read the DIY articles in our tech area. With the head gasket problems many have you'll have some practical use for machine shop skills.

This weekend is Labor Day outside of the beltway, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are several months behind up there. Ever since they had that earth quake and even before it they were spending too much time looking for the infamous "Bush's Fault" that secretly runs under every government building in DC.

Old 08-30-2012 | 01:30 AM
|
2nd Gear
Default Wow-I already have to apoligize to the board

Yes its Labor day not Memorial day, What was I thinking, I am a little absent minded- I guess its been put out there already, actually that was quicker than I expected. :-), Guess I'm going to look for Bushes fault this weekend. Thanks for reaching "calling" me out :-) Have a great weekend Savannah.

Mike

Old 08-30-2012 | 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Your son would probably enjoy a trip to the Udvar-Hazy museum out at the airport. Good for kids of all ages, and the view from the tower is great. You are so fortunate to live in an area that most of us want to vacation in. And you can go a different place every weekend! When you aren't wrenching on the Rover, once you find one.