New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Help! New young owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015 | 10:56 PM
|
5th Gear
Question Help! New young owner

Hi everyone!
I've just purchased my first range rover, - vogue 2003 diesel.
There seems to be a wet patch on the far left hand passenger side floor. I don't think It's coming from the door or leaking from anywhere above as the ceiling is all dry etc. I did some research and discovered that it could be a sunroof or air conditioning drain could be clogged? Is this an easy fix and can I do it myself? Please keep in mind that I'm only 23 and don't have any experience with these cars so if anyone has any "advice for dummies" or a way to fix it I'd much appreciate it! Thank you.

Old 06-09-2015 | 01:49 PM
Rock Crawling

Firstly Welcome from the Caribbean ... and secondly dude.... just for asking the question and admitting you don't know how to fix it ....means you're NOT !!! a dummy ....( but i get your sense of humour )

any now about the wet patch... go under the vehicle , see if there are any plugs on the under floor , an if any looks like its missing , sunroof drain off lines are normally i complete piece , and normally ends outside of the vehicle..so i don't really thing its that ,( but could be wrong )

most vehicles have heaters in them , in order to heat , you will need hot water right !!... the only hot water is from the radiator/engine which goes into the vehicle 's AC system ( evaporator ) through the fire wall under the dash and back out to the engine .. so ( sorry dude ) but you will have to smell the patch ,see if it smell like the coolant from the engine ... then we go from there ..if so you will have to get AC tech's to look at it .

you said its not from above ... but to be sure , lay out a plastic trash bag on that side of the floor , then put a piece of a regular everyday cardboard box on it ....if its from on top it will show on the cardboard , if its running down the fire wall under the mat ... you will know which way to go...

Last edited by justryan; 06-09-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-10-2015 | 06:57 AM
Three Wheeling

Nice to hear from a Kiwi!
clean out those A/C drains first as justryan says, it just might solve the problem. Check out this link;
Cleaning your Land Rover's A/C Drain Lines - Land Rover and Range Rover Forums

Old 06-16-2015 | 08:12 PM
Rock Crawling

Welcome from another new owner, 06 LR3 SE.