New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hi again

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi again

Hi y'all!
So I figured I'd post again here, now I've bought my new truck. I'm now the proud owner of a Black 95 LWB! Its pretty much my dream truck.
If you all have seen my previous posts, I had the pleasure of owning an '88 40th
anniversary edition Range Rover. It was nearly stock, but it worked well and I loved it. All the while, my only complaint was rear passenger leg room, so I fantasized about an LWB. Now, I've got one, and I'm overjoyed.
This one has had the airsprings replaced, and has a 2" lift with 245/75 MT's on it. Full lock has some slight rubbing, but I'll be doing just a touch of fender trimming to fix that. I'd like to have had the air suspension, but this setup is still quite soft and smooth. I've not tested the articulation, but the previous owner used it as his truck for hunting camp, and he's told numerous stories of helping other, much more modified rigs through stuff that the rangie cleared without issue.
The body and chassis have no rust, but the upper tailgate is pretty far gone. I'll be trying one of the aluminium frames from Great Basin Rovers eventually, but for now I'll make do. The paint however has been introduced to many a twig and bush, and there are small dings here and there, but that means I won't be the first to put a scratch in it.
Since it was a hunting camp/winter storm rig, its only got 112K miles on the motor. Runs smooth and quiet. Exhaust is nearly rust free, too, though it may be aftermarket. I didn't see any muffler by the exhaust outlet, which was present on my '88, and on all the disco's I checked out, but that could just be an LWB thing, too. I'll learn more in the coming days.
The right rear window switch on the door doesn't work, but the center console switch makes the window go up and down just fine, so that's an easy fix.
There is a leaky power steering hose, but the box and pump seem leak free, so again, easy fix.
Previous owner talks about soft-lockers in the front and rear diffs, and I haven't seen whether or not these were standard on the truck, but I'm thinking not. I don't recall reading about them on www.rangerovers.net, my primary resource for my old truck.
All in all, I'm really happy with it. I'll post some pictures sometime when the weather clears up. In the meantime, I'll be looking for things to drive over!
Take care, all.