New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hi everybody im new to rovers i love em but have questions

Old 12-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everybody im new to rovers i love em but have questions

Ho hey i am 22 year old car dealer in Massachusetts and I've always loved 4x4 vehicles Hummers, Jeeps, but I really fell in love with the discovery 2 that I bought at the auction I paid $1,800 for a 2003 Discovery 2 se7 with 75000 miles on june 15 2016 and I really want to build it. I love the freakin thing! it's completely stock I need suggestions and any advice that someone with experience can tell me I'd like to spend maybe a thousand or two thousand and fixing it up I've already done an oil change but I would like to service the transmission and do all the work myself that's something I told my dad who owns the dealership when he said how crazy I was for buying a Land Rover I said I want to be forced to learn about rovers and how they work mechanically because I really am a novice but I have the money the patience and willingness to learn about them and enjoy them.

**i am storing it till march of 17 cause my dumb*ss friend took it and rear ended a new Porsche suv, guy he hit was from Georgia and didnt see the plate so im good but need to hide it from insurance company or my dads plate insurance will go to 15k a year. And he said he hit him at 10mph and NO damage to rovers front, runs like new**

1. I have what my mechanics say are noisy lifters only when its at operating temp and sounds like its at the top of the motor. Want to know if nice thick Rotella 15w 40 will help, or maybe a wash.

2. Like an idiot i poured pure dexcool into the thing and then changed to 50% h20 50% dex but want to know if i should switch to something different after flushing it.

Transmission shifts (a tiny bit hard into second only when cold. Btw i only noticed this after it got cold here in ma. Wondering if a certain kind of tranny fluid will help that when i change it!

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

edited to add the whole quote for posterity

Originally Posted by Hummerjeeprover
Ho hey i am 22 year old car dealer in Massachusetts and I've always loved 4x4 vehicles Hummers, Jeeps, but I really fell in love with the discovery 2 that I bought at the auction I paid $1,800 for a 2003 Discovery 2 se7 with 75000 miles on june 15 2016 and I really want to build it. I love the freakin thing! it's completely stock I need suggestions and any advice that someone with experience can tell me I'd like to spend maybe a thousand or two thousand and fixing it up I've already done an oil change but I would like to service the transmission and do all the work myself that's something I told my dad who owns the dealership when he said how crazy I was for buying a Land Rover I said I want to be forced to learn about rovers and how they work mechanically because I really am a novice but I have the money the patience and willingness to learn about them and enjoy them.

**i am storing it till march of 17 cause my dumb*ss friend took it and rear ended a new Porsche suv, guy he hit was from Georgia and didnt see the plate so im good but need to hide it from insurance company or my dads plate insurance will go to 15k a year. And he said he hit him at 10mph and NO damage to rovers front, runs like new**

1. I have what my mechanics say are noisy lifters only when its at operating temp and sounds like its at the top of the motor. Want to know if nice thick Rotella 15w 40 will help, or maybe a wash.

2. Like an idiot i poured pure dexcool into the thing and then changed to 50% h20 50% dex but want to know if i should switch to something different after flushing it.

Transmission shifts (a tiny bit hard into second only when cold. Btw i only noticed this after it got cold here in ma. Wondering if a certain kind of tranny fluid will help that when i change it!

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this!

So what your saying is you are a part of a hit and run and you aren't owning up to it?

Last edited by ArmyRover; 12-09-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:49 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
So what your saying is you are a part of a hit and run and you aren't owning up to it?

A car dealer would NEVER pull a scumbag move like that...would they??

Old 12-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

I would love to know what dealership he owns works for so I could know where not to shop

Old 12-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Banned

Well Jesus christ guys, if he pays 15k a year ill loose my plate and wont be able to buy these things at wholesale prices, ive never registered a car n my lfe and hope i never have too. But i want any advice for these issues. And yo its not like i hit the kid, my friend drove away before the cops came. And my dad ownes a kia store

Old 12-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Banned
Default Ah c'mon guys

Just trying to sort out the potential issues and do the maintenance, i know this forum has probably helped numerous new rover drivers.

And yo it was my friend who hit him, stonned af driving it. He hit and run. But i cant keep my dealer plate if dads insurance doubles, im a semi-broke college kid who has never registered a car and probably never will. (As long as i can keep my INSANE MASSACHUSETTS INSURANCE LOW)

Old 12-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Well Jesus christ guys, if he pays 15k a year ill loose my plate and wont be able to buy these things at wholesale prices, ive never registered a car n my lfe and hope i never have too. But i want any advice for these issues. And yo its not like i hit the kid, my friend drove away before the cops came. And my dad ownes a kia store
Just trying to sort out the potential issues and do the maintenance, i know this forum has probably helped numerous new rover drivers.

And yo it was my friend who hit him, stonned af driving it. He hit and run. But i cant keep my dealer plate if dads insurance doubles, im a semi-broke college kid who has never registered a car and probably never will. (As long as i can keep my INSANE MASSACHUSETTS INSURANCE LOW)

Well since you put it that way I'm sure it makes it ok to screw someone else over. The owner of the Porsche I'm sure would be ok with it if he knew his pride and joy was not getting paid for by the irresponsible party just so he could keep buying cars at auction.

Hope the guy in the other car wasn't injured if he was that makes it a Felony in MA, with your truck and your dealer plate and admission of the accident on the web.

Oddly I find myself hoping that Tick is a slipped liner not a collapsed lifter or exhaust leak. Been a long damn time since I have banned anyone from this forum almost 3 years actually.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 12-09-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:32 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

That's one heck on an introduction...

Admits, almost bragging, to being an accessory to a hit and run, driving vehicle(s) without proper registration or plates...and hopes to never, ever have to in the future.

So, basically...we have someone that wants to dodge responsibility, not pay his share for the infrastructure he uses, sucks off the hind tit of his dads business and plans to continue this lazy-everything-free-for-me-cause-l'm broke MO forever.

Wow, sounds like quite the outstanding addition to any community...lol.

Makes me proud to be an American to know this is the mindset of our future generation.

Brian.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah he made me break my streak of not banning anyone

The following users liked this post:
mpavao (12-15-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 09:50 PM
Drifting

Being from Boston all I can say is... I'm not suprised

Search this Thread