New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hi from minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi from minnesota

Hi everyone, Ihave beena land rover enthusiast for the last 7 years. I have primarly owned a defender 110 tdi when I was working in Mauritania as a plantation assistant manager. I had a lot of fun with itbecause I bought it in France and brought itthrough Spain, Morocco and Mauritania. At that time there was no paved road, only gravel road and sand. I used it for 2 years and then we came back to France with the same car and spenta month traveling across Morocco. We used it for a whilewhen we were living in France. I had to sell it before moving to the US since there was no inexpensive way to take it with us.
Now, I own a land rover discovery series 1 with a LT 230 transfer case, exactly like the one I had before. The mileage on it is 114 000 miles. Since I bought it, I have fixed the right front window regulator (broken), the automatic door lock, the cruise control, changed the spark plugs (bosch platinum), the ignition wires, Ichanged the transmission filter, and flushed the differents fluids.I also didsome bodywork (rust in the backdoor frame). So far so good!!
Then the check engine light came on because of the O2 sensors (changed), the catalytic converter has to be changed.
After thateverything was fine until now. I have to work on the alternator (knocking noise), the fan clutch and the water pump (leak). This where I am at right now and I am still learning about my disco.

I am happy to be a new member of this very interesting forum.