New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

I Want to be a Land Rover Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Want to be a Land Rover Owner

Interesting artical but MG Rover and Land Rover are two different companies, Ford owns Land Rover and has for awhile.
As BMW owns MINI. But it's no biggie, LR from what I have herd isn't doing so hot itself. How ever I do agree with you on how unreliable and expensive to fix.

Old 04-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dogstarsix75

Interesting artical but MG Rover and Land Rover are two different companies, Ford owns Land Rover and has for awhile.
As BMW owns MINI. But it's no biggie, LR from what I have herd isn't doing so hot itself. How ever I do agree with you on how unreliable and expensive to fix.
Ditto on that. ANY import vehicle (to include the 4runner) is going to cost more to fix than a domestic vehicle. The only way Landrover will go out of business is if Ford decides to drop them. That is not going to happen.

Old 04-23-2005, 01:48 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Newfoundlandrover
If all checks out,go for it! you will have the most pimpin' ride on campus(Chicks love Land Rover dudes!)
Yeah, it'd be pretty sweet being one of only two people that drive a rr at my school. That really wasn't the reason I wanted one in the first place, but they do have that appeal. I really love the vehicles especially the Range Rovers. Every since I was like 5 or so and before I even knew what they were called, the Range Rover has been the iconic SUV in my mind. It's always been a dream of mine to have one, but I know they might be a pain to keep running properly.

If I do my research and have one of the trucks checked out and it turns out to be really problematic, I could always sell it and get something more reliable. I'm willing to give it a shot, and I hope to learn more about working on cars from owning a RR.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle

if it is already in good shape, about the only maintenance you should have is oil changes, air filter changes, etc. only thing i would worry about is something such as, "what if the water pump went out?" again, imports are expensive on parts. ie my 1986 bronco II water pump would be easy to find and cheap to buy and easy to fix. on the other hand, the freelander water pump would be hard to find, expensive, and hard to put on. also keep in mind that if the water pump does out in the next 90,000 miles or 9 years 5 months, it would be fixed for free due to factory warranty.