New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Landroveritis... Bug,Illness..

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landroveritis... Bug,Illness..

I have spent the last couple of days joining some Landy Forums and really do find that the shared knowledge of this mark by the owners is unequalled by any other car maker...

I first got the Landy bug medically known as LandRoveritis some twenty years ago plus. this was when as a youngster I watched many British Army convoys pass my house in England.. A friend of my dads purchased a 1963 SWB Series 2a converted to Diesl with a 2.5 BMC Taxi engine and I spent the summer of 85 getting a tan in this convertabile..A visit to the motor show at Earls Court that year sealed the deal as the Land Rover sales guy [obviusly ill with the above affiliction sold me the company and contaminated me with the bug...

I bought my first Wagon in 88 a SWB 2.25 SWB Series 2a and went about a street mechanics apprenticeship.. using the landy and following Series1 80", Lightweights x six or seven, Forward Control 101, MOD 90, Range Rovers, and my ultimate purchase a 300 tdi Auto converted Defender County. I have spent many moons controlling this bug.. many friends have encountered the leaky canvases or break downs in the worst enviroments I could test my trusty alluminium pack horses too, but only last year did I manage to pass the virus to a young woman I was destined to marry .. She now has a TD4 Freelander..

Keep up the dosages of EP90 WD40 Lithium grease and the urge to flash and wave to strangers on the road who also find themselves afflicted in the ownership of the Landy..
If they are good enough for the Queen, the SAS, James Bond or Lara Croft then we are part of a unique fraternity..

On another note if you do read this and have any ideas or knowledge on bio diesell conversions and usage please drop me a line

Keep the Force strong

Matt

Old 07-18-2007, 07:09 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Landroveritis... Bug,Illness..

Hi I'm starting to get the bug especially after visiting this forum. I was wondering if you had some good info for someone looking for a DI or DII and looking to spend $5to $8000. I'm a fly fishing guide in Utah but I won't be rock hopping in Moab. I see that there is kind of a glut of vehicles in that price range from'96 to 2001 that's kind of a wide range so it's a bit intimidating. Also if I spend that much I'll be eating ramen for awhile so I would like it to run for awhile. Is there some preventitive things I can do? after purchase or before for that matter? Thank you so much for your time I hope to hear from you, sorry for being such a neophyte.