New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

many thanks from a noob

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default many thanks from a noob

hey ev'body!

wanted to say a quick thank you to all those who help us noobies out.

i bought a 98 discovery this past october with 135K for $5000. i love it. there are the quirks like, rear windows dont go down, if i press the fog light switch (i dont have fog lights) it pops a fuze and makes ALL the lights in the rear and dash stop working. how did i fix it? i tell people that sit in the back, too bad, so sad then i open their sunroof and under no circumstances do i push the fog lamp switch at night on the hiway (anymore). so it's cool.

i had the "wont shift outta park" problem last friday and freaked out. i drove a company truck home and started searching. thats how i found ths place. before knee jerkin a "help me now" post i went through old post and found help. got the brake light switch today, (plus spare for glove box with my extra fuses...in case the fog lamp button tempts me to push it again) and will try to install it later.

i sincerely want to thank all of you for such a great place to help greasy fingernail people with little money, like me, fix these great units ourselves.

btw, i was going to ask for help with the fog lamp switch problem, but i like have the option of goin steath in case jonny law's after me...haha...and my rover's black

freak out, search the forums, breathe, find the help, fix it and roll on.
chad

Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: many thanks from a noob

btw...

went to the office (where rover was stuck in park) at 4:05 pm, spent 15 minutes looking for a screwdriver, eyeballed the underside of the dash, rememered the instructions on the old post on what to do...arrived home IN my rover at 4:40pm. i wish all problems were solved this easy...thanks again!

rollin on,
chad