New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Me and the twins.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me and the twins.

Hi I'm George,

I've a '73 two door Range Rover that I love, like proper love with stroking and the fond gazing, and living in on the road for months at a time on the continent. And now I have the '01 Disco II Td5 auto I just bought, that was supposed to see me through the imminent nut and bolt rebuild of the RRC.

I thought I was making a sensible decision with the Disco because it's a potential donor for the Td5 I put into my RRC back in '07. It's mated to a long stick Defender box, so it's a mountain goat, drives quite like the original LT95 and V8, and still looks and feels right.

But the effing Disco... the more ni g g les I try and sort (I picked it up cheap) the more seem to crop up. So far: XZY replaced, A/C drains unblocked (and in one case, reconnected), turbo waste gate unsiezed, MAF cleaned, auto trans fluid and filter changed (second fluid change coming up), and now have almost the whole interior stripped out in pursuit of leaks (and also to get rid of a wired VDO GPS). If you haven't already guessed, I'm also chasing a gearbox problem. But I digress...

I'm no expert, my LR obsession only began in '06 when I bought the RRC. I first gave it a 3.9 hotwire V8 transplant, and then the Td5. But when it comes to my cars I do as much work as I can myself and look for as close a version of perfection as Land Rover will allow me get. So if anyone has any questions about putting a Td5 in a vehicle that wasn't meant for a Td5, or on any of the problems above, I'm here to help! (you can bet your *** I'll have plenty of Q's of my own)

Sorry for the long post, but there's always a story!

Cheers,

George