New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Need to BLING up my new RR

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 05:59 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to BLING up my new RR

I just purchased a 2003 dark blue RR and I am really enjoying it. I traded in a red/tan 2005 Corvette- what a difference!
I want to " bling" it up a little and would like to put chrome nerf bars, a chrome guard on the front and possibly some chrome wheels. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Need to BLING up my new RR

Check out http://stores.ebay.com/RoverActive_R...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

there you can get chrome everything. I'd also recommend clear side markers, black badges, Land Rover valve stem caps, and the supercharges clear taillights, all available for the best price at http://www.roverconnection.com/

Post some pics when you're done. Good luck.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BLING!! are you serious.....[:'(]

Old 11-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Recovery Vehicle

instead of wasting money, why not mod it for off road? grille guard would be ok, but get some good off road tires and wheels

Old 11-20-2005, 07:50 PM
4wd Low

You must be either a Packistaneeeee or a plastic gangster , or i bet you've been drinking . Good joke we all fell for it .

Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Thats the gayest thing Ive ever heard. Either 4x4 or sell it to someone who will put it towards its rightful use.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Rock Crawling

come on this forum is for all land rover people, not just us who actualy DO go offroad so lets be a little bit nicer

Old 12-01-2005, 07:02 PM
4wd Low

Thanks for the support Randy.Obviously WNY.... is not intelligent enough to comprehend the sarcasm in my initial message. I had a good laugh from some of the other responses who understood my attempt at a lightly sarcastic humorous "thread starter" , but I did not anticipate an attack by being called " gay" and suggested that I go "4X4".
I could spend an hour lowering myself to his level, but I feel that a more appropriate response is to inform him that I am actually a conservative family man with children as well as a busy surgeon. I actually do not know why I am wasting 30 seconds responding to such an obvious moron except to see if he is "masculine" enough to offer and apology.
By the way , I own a 4000 acre ranch in central Texas that I hunt and fish on. Rest assured my Range Rover is seeing more than its fair share of "4X4".

Old 12-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was only giving you crap for using the term BLING. You can do what ever yo uwant with your truck, it's yours, no one on this board can make you do differnt. also he did not call you gay, he said it sounded gay. but anyway, my opinion is that yuor ride is just a little too nice to take wheeling, well wheeling like i do anyway. Get yourself a disco and make it an awesome 4x4. save the RR for the city jungle and the mall crawling.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Im sorry. I just interpreted the word "Bling" as meaning you wanted to really chrome it out and make it all ghetto fabulous. I was not aware of your personal life when I made the statement, so you cant hold it against me. Im a 20 yr old kid who bought his Rover to go 4x4. I just assumed thats what the people on these boards did too. I was in no way trying to attack you as a person as being gay. As Mike Meyer stated, I was saying that the idea of "Blinging" such a car up sounded gay. In my honest opinion, I believe these cars are "Blinged" out enough when theyre completely stock. But hey, you do what you do and keep on keepin on. At least its a Rover, right?

Quick Reply: Need to BLING up my new RR