New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Disco

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Disco

Bought a 2001 Disco two weeks ago, 58k on the clock for 7 grand. Spotless and always wanted a LR being a Brit in the USA. The usual ( apparently) TC,ABS and Slope control lights where on, the dealer said it was a module and cost 3 grand to fix. Due to liability issues and me losing brakes after driving away they replaced it. It was delivered today and less than 1/2 mile down the road all three lights are back. Having done some pretty easy research it seems its a wheel sensor and it will be going back tomorrow for more work. BUT!!!!! the 10 mile drive home was heaven in this rig having driven checy silverados for 5 years....so hooked on the Disco...created a monster over here in Cali

Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Drifting

hahah good ole overlay speed sensor harness.. good times... glad you didnt get in a accident... and where abouts in cali???

Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
5th Gear

The brakes didnt actually fail, but the dealer was worried if they did i would sue him hahahaha i'll probably end up fixing it myself as i can't be bothered waiting another 2 weeks.
I live in Marina Del Rey, just moved down from Montana to a new job.