New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Disco II owner from Central PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Disco II owner from Central PA

Hey everyone, I've been checking out the forum for awhile now as a non-member looking for answers to my Disco's little issues and decided maybe it was time to register. My name's Troy and I'm a brand new Rover enthusiast and just got my 2001 Disco II SE7 in November. It has it's flaws (leaky air spring, leaky motor, leaky ceiling etc. ) but I'm absolutely loving it all around. I've only had one opportunity so far to take it off road but I look forward to modding it inside and out in the future so that I can continue doing so. But anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some advice from the community.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome to the madness! hope to see you on the trails soon at one of our club events!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
6th Gear
Default Thank you!

I'd love to go with a group as long as no one minds a newbie tagging along haha

Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PADisco
I'd love to go with a group as long as no one minds a newbie tagging along haha
we always have new people on every trip. sometimes in stock trucks. we are here to have fun, hang out and explore nature... and bust each others *****.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
6th Gear

Well my truck is pretty well stock, but that sounds like my kind of group. Do you have any outings to Rausch creek coming up any time soon? I looked on your forum a bit but didn't see anything.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Drifting

Hey everyone, I've been checking out the forum for awhile now as a non-member looking for answers to my Disco's little issues and decided maybe it was time to register. My name's Troy and I'm a brand new Rover enthusiast and just got my 2001 Disco II SE7 in November. It has it's flaws (leaky air spring, leaky motor, leaky ceiling etc. ) but I'm absolutely loving it all around. I've only had one opportunity so far to take it off road but I look forward to modding it inside and out in the future so that I can continue doing so. But anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some advice from the community.
I'll be in your shoes soon!

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
we always have new people on every trip. sometimes in stock trucks. we are here to have fun, hang out and explore nature... and bust each others *****.
Man, that's my kind of a good time. Currently scouting LR3s, and once I pull the trigger, I'd love to be a part of the club.

Kevin

Old 03-06-2013, 01:45 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by paintpollz
I'll be in your shoes soon!

Man, that's my kind of a good time. Currently scouting LR3s, and once I pull the trigger, I'd love to be a part of the club.

Kevin
My Uncle (who took me off road my first time) has an LR3. His truck is what got me hooked on Rovers. I'm hoping it'll be mine when he trades up to an LR4 in a few years. Course I'll have to find a place to park it cause I'm not lettin my D2 go

Old 03-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Drifting

My Uncle (who took me off road my first time) has an LR3. His truck is what got me hooked on Rovers. I'm hoping it'll be mine when he trades up to an LR4 in a few years. Course I'll have to find a place to park it cause I'm not lettin my D2 go
Niceeee. My uncle has an LR4, and loves it. I'll be going from a Subaru to this, so it will be quite the difference!

Over my 7 years of Subaru ownership, I've been very satisfied by the reliablility of the vehicle, but very dissatisfied with the quality of parts. Everything is made out of chinsy metal and flimsy plastic. UGH

Old 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by paintpollz
Niceeee. My uncle has an LR4, and loves it. I'll be going from a Subaru to this, so it will be quite the difference!

Over my 7 years of Subaru ownership, I've been very satisfied by the reliablility of the vehicle, but very dissatisfied with the quality of parts. Everything is made out of chinsy metal and flimsy plastic. UGH
I've never had much experience with Subaru, but I was amazed the first time my uncle told me to reach my arm out the window and "knock" on the door of his LR3. Instead of a chinsy sounding "ting" I got a very loud thud and no give at all in the metal. The only thing that bugged me about the LR3 was the interior door handles. If you squeeze them the sound like they're about to crack.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Drifting

I've never had much experience with Subaru, but I was amazed the first time my uncle told me to reach my arm out the window and "knock" on the door of his LR3. Instead of a chinsy sounding "ting" I got a very loud thud and no give at all in the metal. The only thing that bugged me about the LR3 was the interior door handles. If you squeeze them the sound like they're about to crack.
Wow, its funny you mention this. This is the exact example I give people when telling them why my car is a piece of chinsy jap crap. I can also push in the sheet metal on the outside of the door INWARD, with just my finger tips.

Quick Reply: New Disco II owner from Central PA