New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 08:33 PM
|
4wd Low
Default New Discovery II

Just bought a 2000 D-II today. The truck has lived its life in North and South Carolina and is very good - excellent condition. Best of all, the engine was just rebuilt, as was the brake system, and it has 5 new Michelin tires.
Below is a link to the dealer's site showing the truck.
I've enjoyed reading about the Discovery in the forums over the last several days and I look forward to having fun with the new ride.

http://www.roadtripcarolinas.com/web...-Greenville-SC

Old 12-01-2010 | 08:39 PM
Mudding

Looks nice, I like the all tan interior. Engine looks pretty clean too. Were those Amigos still on when you bought it?

Old 12-01-2010 | 08:53 PM
|
4wd Low

No Amigos. I saw that on the photo, too - do the lights appear with key in ignition before start-up? Anyway, no lights or amigos. Independent LR mechanic said he ran an "amigo scan" and it was negative for problems/codes.

Old 12-01-2010 | 10:08 PM
Drifting

Very impressive! Decent price on the Rover too!

Old 12-02-2010 | 02:37 PM
TReK

Welcome! Nice looking Rover! Did the seller give you the paperwork for the engine rebuild showing what was actually done?

Yes, all of the lights will pop up when you turn the ignition on....if they don't, the bulbs might have been unplugged to hide something.

P.S. - Those are the most artsy pictures I've ever seen of a vehicle that was for sale... Sure does look purdy!

Old 12-03-2010 | 06:11 PM
|
4wd Low

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Welcome! Nice looking Rover! Did the seller give you the paperwork for the engine rebuild showing what was actually done?

Yes, all of the lights will pop up when you turn the ignition on....if they don't, the bulbs might have been unplugged to hide something.

P.S. - Those are the most artsy pictures I've ever seen of a vehicle that was for sale... Sure does look purdy!
Yes, he gave me the paperwork - and I promptly left it in his office when I picked up the truck! He has it and I'll pick it up tomorrow. Also, I spoke with the local independent rover mechanic who did the work.
So far, so good....