New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Driver

Hi everyone,
im 16 and just coming up to my 17th birthday. what am i doing here? well i am looking at a land rover for my first car, most probaly series 3 as i have been told by a friend who has a landy that before a certain year, land rovers count as 'historic veichles' meaning my insurance would be £200ish (massive bonus seeing as i have been getting quotes of £1500-£1700 for normal cars) and theya re tax exempt. can anyone confirm this as it seems too good to be true.
um..i live in waterlooville, just outside portsmouth and im also hoping to join an off roading club so if anyone knows of one near me....
ive been a big fan of land rovers for a while, my dad has 2 discos and in a perfect world id like one too but im not made of money lol. im also looking into engineering and working with cars as a career so the thought of being able to tinker with a landy is quite exciting!

just thought id introduce myself, sorry if ive made a fool of myself coming on a car forum when i havent even got a car!

Old 06-27-2006, 11:02 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Driver

Welcome to the forum.
We all have to start with a plan, and it sounds like you have yours.