New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to EVERYTHING

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 04:30 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New to EVERYTHING

Howdy, y'all! I'm Amanda from Texas. Just bought a '92 Range Rover County Classic! Needs a LOT of work, and I really have no idea where to start! Honestly, don't have THAT much money to pour into her right now, and need some help. Anyone on here that can shed some light and maybe point me in the right direction as far as a good (reasonably priced!) mechanic? A/C, brakes, and getting an Electronic Ignition upgrade done? She needs a LOT more, but that's what I want to start with. Also, I need a good place to get replacement parts! I don't work on vehicles myself, but would LOVE to learn!! Want to shove it in someone's face that I can do it, even though I'm a GIRL! lol. Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the forum Amanda and congrats on your new ride! I'd recommend downloading a copy of the RAVE - which is an invaluable resource of information for diagrams, workshop instructions, technical jargon, electrical diagrams, etc.

land_rover service manual

It's the 590MB download.

Replacement parts.. many long time forum members (Paul Grant, Abran, Lucky8, AtlanticBritish) sells parts at a reasonable price as well as Will Tillery. Here's a link discussing contact info:

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...ct-info-46986/

Anywho.. I can't help you with a mechanic in Texas but if you post up another post in the General Tech Help section or Range Rover forum (accessed by selecting the 'forums' button in upper left hand corner of screen and then selecting vehicle line-up), someone will probably chime in. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on the forum and I'm sure you'll soon find that answers will be readily given for questions you ask! Good luck and have fun and remember.. girls can do anything boys can do - it's just that boys are used to doing it.

Happy to have you here!

The following users liked this post:
RubyBaby (08-16-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

The best mechanic is you really, nothing on the 92 Range Rover is super difficult or needing special tools.

Just roll up your sleeves and dive in, we are around for moral support and even sometimes some tech assistance

RubyBaby (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, y'all!! I just ordered this book: Range Rover Repair Manual (up to K registration) with V8 Gasoline Engines 1970-1992 (Haynes Service and Repair Manual), so I get to do some of my own work! SUPER EXCITED! I'll keep you posted as I go along!

Old 08-16-2017, 02:22 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Welcome to The Nut House! Please remember to take/share your meds.

Another great place for parts, and that is close to you in Arkansas is RovahFarm. Trevor has been in the Rover game forever, and he's a real easy guy to do business with. > RovahFarm for all your new Land Rover Parts and Accessories

RubyBaby (08-16-2017)