New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New guy from Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Colorado

Hello to all,

I have been lurking here for awhile and decided it is time to post. I intend to buy a Rover in the next month or so. I'm not sure which one though.

I'm not new to the 4WD world, I have been out of the 4x4 loop for the past few years. I'm a recovering Land Cruiser junkie having owned a handful of FJ40's and a couple of later model Cruisers. One of the 40's ended up as a serious rock crawler. I became rather board with the vehicle and the hard core rock crawling scene an sold all of my Cruisers.

Fast forward to today; My new family and I are in the process of relocating from Eastern Colorado to the mountains. This has reignited my love for four wheeling and peeked my wife's interest too.

Rovers appeal to me as they are unique and quite capable off road vehicles in stock trim - though I doubt whatever I purchase will be stock for long. Having done some serious mods on my Cruisers, I'm comfortable with wrenching on a Rover and fixing it up the way I want it.

I have been looking around trying to decide if a Disco or Range Rover is the right vehicle for me. With 4 year old twins and another little one on the way I need room for three car seats and of course I want something to take off road. Something for the wife to use in the mountains as an occasional bad weather grocery getter and school bus. Something I can commute with into Denver on snowy days would be a plus but is not totally necessary as I currently own a 4x4 commuter vehicle, a Nissan Xterra.

I look froward to hanging out here and making some new friends.

Shaun

Old 12-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to the group. what part of Colorado are you in, did you enjoy todays snow?

Old 12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Welcome to the group. what part of Colorado are you in, did you enjoy todays snow?
We are currently south of Bennett but have been looking at homes in the Bailey area.

Yes I enjoyed the snow today. I was running around all day in it

Are you in Colorado?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

You can call me 5950.

I'd say it'll be tough to get three carseats in the back of a Disco (at least not a '94), given I have two little ones and an adult rear end doesn't fit comfortably between the two. The rear wheel wells cut into the seat area and are not flat/even with the seat surface.

Can't speak to any other Rover models out there.

Good luck with the move. Tons of homes available out in the Bailey area.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:02 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Banzai Jimmy
You can call me 5950.

I'd say it'll be tough to get three carseats in the back of a Disco (at least not a '94), given I have two little ones and an adult rear end doesn't fit comfortably between the two. The rear wheel wells cut into the seat area and are not flat/even with the seat surface.

Can't speak to any other Rover models out there.

Good luck with the move. Tons of homes available out in the Bailey area.
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to check out a few vehicles next week.