New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to Land Rover hopefully!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Land Rover hopefully!

Hey all,

I don't have a Land Rover yet but I have always been a huge fan of them and am actually looking to buy one here in the near future. I know this is an intro thread so my name is Jon, I am a college student, and a Land Rover will be my first car/truck with more than an inch or so of ground clearance (modified cars). One quick question before I continue into the forums is about high mileage on Land Rovers. Specifically a 1994 Discovery. I am looking into buying one and although the truck seems to be running just fine now, is there much life left in it?

Thank you all,

Jon

Old 01-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Welcome, Jon. You can download the factory tech manuals and owners manuals below. With older vehicle there will be a plethora of problems. However, no point in listing all the possibiities, as the previous owner may have taken care of some.

Now IMHO you would be wise to negotiate a pre-purchase inspection by an indy mechanic of your choice. An hour of shop time may save you quite a bit. An older one is usually under $2000 in running condition. Some have been purchased well under $1000.

We have a number of guys who post here that have vehicles with over 200K.

IMHO the D1s are simpler to work on (less complex electronics and widgets) but also don't have some of the sophisticated suspension features of the D2.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Welcome, Jon. You can download the factory tech manuals and owners manuals below. With older vehicle there will be a plethora of problems. However, no point in listing all the possibiities, as the previous owner may have taken care of some.

Now IMHO you would be wise to negotiate a pre-purchase inspection by an indy mechanic of your choice. An hour of shop time may save you quite a bit. An older one is usually under $2000 in running condition. Some have been purchased well under $1000.

We have a number of guys who post here that have vehicles with over 200K.

IMHO the D1s are simpler to work on (less complex electronics and widgets) but also don't have some of the sophisticated suspension features of the D2.
Thanks for the help and advice.