New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to LR but I love my Disco 2 need advice..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LR but I love my Disco 2 need advice..

Hello everyone! My name is Matt and my wife Tabatha and I just bought our first land rover about a month ago. It is a Disco 2 SE7. We got the truck for 3k and new it may have a few problems since it leaks oil and coolant. I did a lot of research on this truck before purchasing it and 3k seemed like a fair price for a running truck of its caliber. The engine makes a pretty loud ticking sound which I suspect is either the lifters or the rocker shaft (or something that I'll just have to live with according to some) I bought new lifters from atlantic british and new valve cover gaskets as well. Also the Radiator blew a hose on me the other night (4th of july) and I was able to do an onsite repair and make it home without any over heating. The next day I took a closer look and it seems that the radiator is shot. I'm looking at the Radiator with Secondary air on atlantic british site and its on sale for 270 is that a good price? I have found other sites selling what they say will work for about 100 dollars less. So far I am very impressed with AB but I need to save money where I can and its the Secondary air that concerns me if I buy from somewhere else. Any advice???