New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New LR Discovery Owner from Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 07:31 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LR Discovery Owner from Alabama

Hey everybody. I just purchased an '03 LR Discovery as a project car. Of course being a project it came home on a trailer, but that just meant the price was right. It needs a lot of work and I hope to share the progress with you guys and am open to any advice.

Near term plan is to check out the engine and get it going if it's not a complete wreck. According to the last owner it started running hot and he parked it rather than fixing it after buying a bunch of parts. So I have new oil pump and water pump included and plan on doing the head gaskets. Head gaskets mainly because I want to get the heads off and see what the cylinder sleeves look like. If the engine is shot I plan on doing an LS swap using the ACE conversion kit.

Long term is a paint job. Body was incredibly straight and no rust, but the prior owner wanted it in flat black, but instead of using flat or matte clear coat he just had it sprayed with base and no topcoat. So it is sun damaged and dull rather than really "flat".

Old 07-14-2022, 11:45 AM
TReK
Received 553 Likes on 479 Posts

Welcome here. Once you get into it, post all your questions and also progress in the Disco 2 section of this forum.

The following users liked this post:
RocketCityRover (07-18-2022)