New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to Lrforums, from Utah

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 10:53 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Lrforums, from Utah

Hello Everyone,

My name is Greg and I'm from Ogden, Utah. I just bought my first Land Rover a week ago after 28 years of dreaming. It's nothing too special. . . A 2005 LR3 with lots of miles. It was within the budget so my wife said yes. Anyway, I took it down to Moab last weekend to test it out. I went down with a friend in his Jeep and our wives came down a couple days later in the LR. My wife told me when we bought it that it was my vehicle because she likes our Outback and doesn't want to drive a big SUV around. Well, a 4-hour drive to Moab later and she's in love with the LR. She's always looking for excuses to drive it. I'd be upset but I kinda expected that to happen.

Here are a few photos from our trip:
New to Lrforums, from Utah-image.jpg

Old 04-09-2015, 10:55 PM
7th Gear
Default Another photo

Still learning how to post photos using an iPad. Here's another photo.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:59 PM
7th Gear
Default And one more

One more photo. When I figure out how to post multiple photos in the same reply I'll add a few more.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Mobile upload can be tricky at times.
Welcome

Old 04-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome from the Caribbean ... so after seeing where it goes in those photos ! ..... you still think it's nothing special ( ha ha ha )??? ..... Land Rovers are the best in their own special way ..... you will find out eventually ...or wait !!! may be your wife will first and tell you about it ....( sorry if i have a bad sense of humour ) ....

A similar thing happened to a buddy of mines ... I can already imagine how this is going to play out ...

Now when i see him ,i always ask " so how is the Land Rover your wife did NOT !! want you to buy .... that she does NOT !! let you drive now "

poor guy has to drive an old pick up ....

Last edited by justryan; 04-10-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:51 PM
7th Gear

I've been driving a 1994 Toyota Tercel. If she took over the Land Rover and I got the Outback, it would still be a huge improvement. Still not the LR though.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

And Subaru's are great too .....

Old 04-11-2015, 09:47 AM
4th Gear

Welcome GMR86,

I actually just registered myself as well. Only about 35 minutes south of you in Salt Lake. Still need to convince the wife her new "Lola" will be fine on a relaxed Moab trip though. I need to show her the pics you posted!

Old 04-13-2015, 11:44 AM
7th Gear

I'd be careful showing her those photos. I think they look fairly mellow and just fun, but when my wife and I show them to friends, they think it looks crazy and are surprised we didn't ruin our car.

With that said, the rover handled it just fine with only a scratch or two under the rear bumper that aren't visible unless you climb under the car.

If you do take it off road, make sure to get some kind of diagnostic tool that allows you to read and clear faults. When we were in the middle of Hell's Revenge I got a fault that dropped me to my bumpstops and made me crawl back out without traction control or clearance. We took it slow and it got out fine, but it was still annoying. When we got back to town we bought a code reader and found out a battery cable was loose. We tightened it down and everything was good. No problems since. But, if we'd known it was the battery we would have fixed it and cleared the fault and would have been just fine the rest of the trail.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:48 AM
7th Gear

Also, great to hear you're so close. I'd really like to meet some people that might be interested in exploring some of the trails around northern Utah. From what I've heard and seen on youtube, American Fork Canyon has some really good trails. I'd like to go check some of them out sometime later this summer. If you're interested, let me know.

Quick Reply: New to Lrforums, from Utah