New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Member - 2003 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - 2003 Disco

Hello Everybody,

Thought it would be great to get a Land Rover and ended up with an '03 Disco about a year ago. Since then, and thanks to this site and others, I have been able to diagnose and repair:

My "tres amigos" faults (faulty right front sensor shorting during slow speed left hand turns only). My Independent Service quoted ~$2000 and wanted to replace the Wabco unit. Final DIY bill ~$50 for the sensor

Transmission Cooler - Ruptured transmission cooler resulting in poor shifting when cold (real pain to refill the transmission btw). Independent Service quoted $700, DIY = $250 plus about five hours.

Crazy "fishbowl" sound due to low coolant levels. (who'd 've thunk!)

Numerous check engine failures (most recently cracked hoses related to air pump system).

For a while I wasn't sure I was one with the Disco, now really enjoy it with the some Peter Tosh or the Wailers playing on the cassette player (no CD) and the windows down. All those other drivers have ants in their pants in a big rush to get somewhere, while I am enjoying trip.

BK