New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile new member

hi everyone, im joe i just bought my first land rover ive had toyotas and still have jeep cj7 but stepped up and bought a discovery 2 2001 with 153000Kms im a mechanic but only have worked on a few land rovers. I just installed new pads and rotors all around fixed the links for rear air ride, and noticed i need a right front wheel bearing. i called the dealer and got a price of 720$ wow didnt see that comming. found aftermarket for 390$ a little better i guess. i cant wait to get it all up to snuff and get out on the back roads. i would like to install a light bar on the roof in place of the roof rack, if anyone has done this i would like to talk to u and see how it went were u happy with how you installed them and how you entered the cab with wiring etc. i needed the links for the rear air suspension but i was able to take some mesurements and make some they work fine. i also have to replace the left rear sway bar link. doese anyone know how the down hill feature works i have a light on the dash??? also want to lower the rear suspension when normal driving??? im sure over the coming months i will get totally into this vehicle, so far i really like it but i dont like the fuel mileage, 4.0 @ 1.35/L ANY IDEAS TO MAKE BETTER im all ears. well thanks for reading hope to be happy rover.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Make sure to check out the https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...service-29020/ section on all the things you'll need to do to your Rover. There are also tones of sites that you can buy parts from, a couple that I use are:
Land Rover Parts & Rover Accessories From Atlantic British | Discovery, Range Rover, LR3, LR2, Defender, Freelander and Land Rover Series Parts & Accessories and Rovers North - The Source for Classic Land Rover Parts (they are based in the North East) although I am sure there are a couple of Canadian sites.

The hill descent will only work with the truck in low range, if you try it in high range it will just flash and make a noise. If you have the (ABS) TC and hill descent lights all on at the same time there is a sticky in the DII thread on how to fix it or just search 3 Amigos. The fix is stupid easy to do.

In terms of the fuel economy, drive it like a grandma. These trucks are heavy, have a V8 and are permanent 4x4 so the fuel economy will suck.

Last edited by thebloody; 06-19-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:05 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks, great links i got my wheel bearing from alantic british. im not sure what you mean about "sticky in D2" new to fourms , but i would really like to correct that problem. i went for a drive on the weekend and found i am getting about 560k to a full tank of fuel that was mostly hwy ks and i drove it like a grandma, well most of the time lol.