New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New member in Houston 2004 Disco 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 02:43 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in Houston 2004 Disco 2

Hi all,
I just thought I would introduce myself and my new to me 2004 Disco 2 SE in Giverny Green with an Alpaca interior (I think).
112K miles, HG done recently, new Water pump, all hoses and belts, crank sensor, coils, wires and plugs,180 degree thermostat installed, greasable drive shaft, new electronic ignitors (?), front ball joints, new brakes and a few other things i have forgotten.
All the electronics work including the sunroof and they don't leak either (I checked) and the gear system for Hi-Lo works smoothly as well.
Interior leather is in almost perfect condition but the steering wheel needs some attention where the leather has worn away, really distracts from the overall condition of the interior and bugs me but not enough not to get the car based on its mechanicals.
Last owner had it for ten years and was a bit of an enthusiast.
I actually bought it about a month or so ago here in Texas and drove it 4 hrs home to Houston with no problems.
It leaks a little oil but im getting that fixed soon, think its the sump but haven't really investigated yet.
All fluids have been changed within the last few months or so and it came with a lot of receipts from the previous owner.
It seems to run Ok and i'm DD'ing at present to see what comes up but, touch wood, no warning lights have come on as yet.
Headliner needs redoing and could do with a new stereo and a few other bits and pieces here and there but nothing major, not this week anyway!
Nice old truck.
Lots of great advice here on this forum which I used here to dismiss 5 other LR's before pulling the trigger on this one.

Looking forward to learning about all the mistakes i've made already

Old 07-02-2019, 04:01 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

Welcome to the Land Rover gang.
It looks good!

Old 07-03-2019, 09:27 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Juke and yes i'm pleased with it so far.
Its actually better than it looks in those pictures as I had just arrived back from Dallas and the car was filthy as it rained most of the way but isn't a Landy supposed to look like its been used
Thanks for the reply.

Cheers