New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Member (Los Angeles)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 02:26 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member (Los Angeles)

Hello everyone - i'm Ryan and i've been an ancient time lurker since 2013 when i bought my very first LR/RR, a 2007 silver L320 HSE which i loved but ultimately sold about 2 years ago. Enter today, where i own a 2004 epsom green L318 that i love even harder than the first, regardless of how abusive she is to me (yes, this is a problem). I picked this one up here in Socal (i live in downtown LA) and have since wrapped up the following:

- Tom Woods serviceable driveshafts (f/r)
- TF Armor (front and rear diffs, fuel tank)
- TF 3" lift w/ shocks
- TF +2" spacers
- TF HD steering "kit" (track and tie, stabilizer)
- ABS line extensions
- SS brake lines
- Transmission mounts replaced (3 of 4 mounts were previously sheared / broken)
- Thule crossbars (a real bitch to install - but they look factory, i love these)
- Thule Motion XT XXL rooftop box (the low-vis tactical roof rack / basket alternative - love this too)
- RC led light bars (50" curved, 10" flat)
- Pre-facelift tail lights (all red)
- painted headliner
- window tint
- 2.5" exhaust w/ flowmaster super 10 series "muffler" and rear muffler delete (pipe terminates over axle - no dragging on obstacles)
- hedman hedders - disco 1 set - sitting in closet waiting for me to install once i smog
- new cats, new 02's
- full audio system upgrade - JBL / Alpine new headunit, components, amp and 10" sub
- all work done by yours truly

Currently in the middle of
- installing QT HD motor mounts (like now, tonight)
- XYZ switch replacement (waiting on parts)
- getting ready for HD axles, re-gear and lockers
- scoping out new tires / possible new wheels (not liking the options for our bolt pattern - may add a spacer / conversion and reduce backspace to compensate)
- starting to source replacement motor - or waiting for a CARB compliant LS swap kit... haha

pictures are from two weeks ago while installing the spacers. all of the work done thus far has been done in the confines of the compact space i have in my building. i've learned how to get creative as well as **** my car-neighbors off. but hey, i couldn't choose my spot, my name came up next on the list and i had to take what was offered to me, to the tune of $200/mo. city life blows - dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

that's all i've got for now! looking forward to connecting and meeting any of you on here from socal soon!