New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New member in Maine

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:07 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in Maine

Hello, my husband and I live in midcoast Maine and hope, in fact, to become Land Rover owners, as well as aficionados. I have fond memories of a friend, some years ago, with his beige 109 - always liked that vehicle... Well, here we are some years later and do, in fact have a need for such a vehicle to get us through the winters up here (and maybe do a bit of plowing). We each have Jeeps but... certainly would prefer a nice Land Rover with a stick shift and that Landie panache...
Carrie

Old 05-30-2010, 11:34 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: proud new owners!

Well, I already posted a *new* message about the electrics and our '03 Discovery... I *REALLY* like the way it handles and drives! Had a '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my Land Rover feels SO different and so much sturdier - like TRUCK sturdy.

I know the fuel economy will be terrible but, so was the Jeep! Besides, on the way home (Exeter, NH area to Midcoast Maine) I think I may have averaged about 25 mpg on the highway! A pity that I don't usually drive the highway, though - with a 3.5 mile commute to work, three days a week, I guess I can live with less than stellar fuel economy, eh?

More to come (like QUESTIONS and various rants) as I become acquainted with my *new* Land Rover Discovery...
Carrie