New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New member(and new owner) from Houston Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 12:00 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member(and new owner) from Houston Texas

Hello all, my name is Lucas and I just (2 days ago) picked up my first land rover, a 2001 discovery se, It has 177k miles but is fairly well taken care of, it will need a few problems addressed but overall im fairly happy. first problem being my drivers side door doesn't lock or unlock ( not even with the key) so currently im unable to lock my doors. I don't actually have the keyfob just a key but I would at least like to be able to lock my door manually. second problem is it smells like gas and vibrates at idle a bit, has check engine light on due to o2 sensor bank 2 sensor 1, could that be the problem?
any help would be much appreciated as this is my first non American vehicle(out of 10 that ive had)

Old 05-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

welcome
going to have to get in the door (pop the panel) to see whats up (broken linkage or whatever) with lock. you can have new fobs programmed to your truck, via proper computer or dealer. you can also purchase a new/used matching ignition and door lock and key if needed

the 02 and gas smell could very likely be related....bad sensor info is making you run inefficiently rich.....bosch 02 sensors for replacements

Old 05-14-2015, 12:44 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also the rover came with what the guy said were stock 20" rims? and brand new tires. anyways, im looking to do offroad capable rover not grocery getter, any idea if anyone is looking to trade for a good set of rims and tires?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

bound to be a craigslister wanting some big wheels down there.... 5x120 is the pattern