New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New and need advice & Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
3rd Gear
Location: I live in the Mountains of Vermont! For now, as I am planning a move to Alaska in 2011.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and need advice & Mods

Hi everyone, I am new to the thread but have got some very good info already! my name is Mike and I just bought a 1995 Land Rover Discovery V8i with the 4.0 and a Manual Transmission! I got rid of my '08 Mercedes to get the Rover and am a LOT happier with it! I am very excited to take the rover on a LONG excursion across the US than to my finale destination of Alaska were I will than live early 2011. I do not know a LOT about rovers just that I love them and want to learn as much as possible. I hope this forum will help me with my upgrades, servicing, and good advice.
So if you have any advice I'd love to hear it! Also need lots of upgrades as it is still stock. Where should I start? What should I get? does anyone have anything I will need or where is the best place's to get what I need?
thanks everyone and keep on Truck'N!

Old 12-24-2010, 03:06 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking to "kit it out' try rovers pacific. It is descent stuff for a fair price. As far as where to start? It honestly depends on the type of surface you want to use it on:sand, rock, mud etc. But if you just want to dig in I think a spring and shock kit from Old Man Emu would be a good place to start. Realize this is just my opinion, do your research and KEEP UP WITH YOUR MAINTENANCE learn to do stuff yourself so it doesn't cost so much. I can't believe what people pay for some of these repair jobs compared to what I got paid to do them, sheesh! somebody was gettin' rich and it wasn't me. Just have fun with it, that's the bottom line. Steve

Old 12-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

first do a 60k service, change every fluid top to bottom. check the output on the alternator and battery.