New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to site, pretty jacked about my first LR purchase!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site, pretty jacked about my first LR purchase!

Greetings from soon to be snowy Wisconsin!

I'm in the process of purchasing my first Land Rover and, as the title states, I'm pretty "jacked" about it!

I've narrowed it down to a few choices and was hoping for some input from members on this site. I know I've just joined so, I apologize for asking questions right off the bat but I'm struggling with the final decision.

I'm trying to choose between the following,
1. 2010 RR Sport, CPO.
2. 2008 RR Supercharged, CPO.
3. 2008 RR HSE 69k miles, non-certified.

I'd really like to hear from all of you as to what model you would choose and why? I'd like to use this both on and off-road but primarily on. I have 2 dogs (Yellow Lab, Miniature American Eskimo) which I'll haul in the back along with supplies for my detail business (side business, my allowance money!).

Thanks in advance for your replies, I've done a lot of research on this site prior to joining and I'm looking forward to participating.

Oh, I'm deciding whether or not to trade in my 2003 Lexus LX470 or keep it (I love it but it needs about 100 more HP!). I also have a 2006 M3 (full DINAN mods). and recently sold my 330xi and X5 4.8 so, I'm looking forward to "moving up" to a Range Rover!

Lastly, I live in the Madison, WI area so, anyone with info on clubs, events, mechanics, etc in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!

Doc

Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 PM
3rd Gear
Default Update

Ok, went to the LR dealer today and the 2010 RR Sport is sold and, apparently the 08 RR Supercharged has been promised to someone else?!

At any rate, test drove the 08 HSE Lux and it was actually very nice! It wasn't a rocket sled but it had more juice than my LX470 and it was the cleanest of the 3, 68k miles, Lux and climate package and seemed pretty tight! It's also the cheapest by far, I can buy it for about $33k as opposed to $47,5k for the 2010 and $43,9k for the 08 RR SC. I'm in the process of trying to negotiate the cost of an extended warranty with them for less than a king's ransom!

My Credit Union has pretty good EW (Extended Warranties), I've used them for my M3 and my X5 4.8 and they've been pretty good and very reasonable but I thought the LR dealership would be more apt to repair my RR if I go thru them for the EW. I'm VERY leery about purchasing a RR w/o one.

Any comments, criticisms, etc on the 08 RR HSE? Should I look for something else? I'd love to get a newer RR but my wife would have me killed since I already have 3 vehicles!

Btw, I watched some of the video's posted on the forum last pm of what a LR can do and damn, I really want one now!

Doc

Old 12-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you guys get much snow down there? I live in the Appleton/Greenbay area and it is pure white. The rover is GREAT in the snow.

I can't comment on the 08 RR as I've only ever driven a P38 and own a D2. They look nice though.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 AM
3rd Gear

Happy Holidays Francopacks!

We received about 20" last week and about 4" yesterday so, we ended up getting quite a bit! I went to the Packer game last Sunday against the Titans and the roads leaving Madison were pretty rough!

I have my choices narrowed down to the 08 RR (MK3/L322) or an 07 RR Supercharged. The supercharged is pretty sweet!

I thought about picking up a Disco or an LR3/LR4 but really like the RR. The sport was nice but I'm taller (6'3", 220) and the cockpit in the sport seemed a little cramped, especially my right leg rubbing against the center console, plus the rear seemed pretty tight for my dogs.

I thought I'd pick up a pre-2010 RR to start because, they're quite a bit cheaper and, knowing my OCD-type nature, I'd be more apt to actually use it off-road if it's not brand new and $60-$90k!

Do you have any clubs or events up in the Appleton/GB area?

GO PACK GO!
Oh yeah, ON WISCONSIN!

Old 12-29-2012, 10:34 PM
2nd Gear

i just got a 2013 Supercharged sport, and it's just what the doctor ordered. i love the power, but seeing as how you've got a 06 Dinan m3, perhaps your need for speed is already satisfied......