New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

No Disco Yet, But....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010 | 08:34 PM
|
4th Gear
Default No Disco Yet, But....

I am looking. Have always liked the appearance of the Discovery and now that I need 7 passenger room on occasion and refuse to buy a Minivan this is the time top start researching. Mechanically inclined and love to offroad so will be looking at set ups to run trails such as Lockwood Valley/Miller Jeep trail here in SoCal.
Please share tips and experiences with set ups as this vehicle needs to be able to cover the highways and hit the dirt at the destinations.
Coming from an XJ that was VERY capable I will be expecting a lot from the Disco though the bar will not be as high. I know the LR will beat it in comfort but just want to ensure reliability is there as well as capability in my build.

HappyTrails!

Old 03-11-2010 | 03:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Welcome to the forum! You should do some searches in the discovery section and it should answer any questions you have. If not, post a thread and somebody will help you out.

Old 03-11-2010 | 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Xjman1
I am looking. Have always liked the appearance of the Discovery and now that I need 7 passenger room on occasion and refuse to buy a Minivan this is the time top start researching. Mechanically inclined and love to offroad so will be looking at set ups to run trails such as Lockwood Valley/Miller Jeep trail here in SoCal.
Please share tips and experiences with set ups as this vehicle needs to be able to cover the highways and hit the dirt at the destinations.
Coming from an XJ that was VERY capable I will be expecting a lot from the Disco though the bar will not be as high. I know the LR will beat it in comfort but just want to ensure reliability is there as well as capability in my build.

HappyTrails!

welcome to the forum! you will find all you need and more here,.. including information on reliability. if you don't mind preventitive maintenance these trucks are the best 4x4xfar.

Old 03-12-2010 | 08:43 PM
|
4th Gear

Since LR was owned by Ford, any similarities with the 4.6 used in the 03-04 years and the Ford 4.6l? I really like the 03-04 LR's but noone on the boards seems to give them a chance and a replacement engine sure is pricey.