New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

P "38 Special"

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011 | 09:51 PM
|
1st Gear
Default P "38 Special"

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2002 P38, 110k (new 4.6 @ 80k) - Rover is in fantastic condition (add'l equip in signature) but I am planning on doing MORE. I simply can't help myself

I am a very busy person, so I plan on using it for excursions, not as a daily driver. Besides, I have heard many say this is the last year of the true Range Rover, before Ford took over, so I intend to preserve it. Having 120k service etc. etc. done next week.

<<<Like any polite threadster, I have researched some options for work - now it's time to get everyone else's opinion to bounce them off mine...>>>

Requests for Information:

- Anyone have any experience with the underhood hot shower system listed here?

Range Rover Outfitting and Accessories

- I am considering installing a 2nd battery, deep cycle marine type, where the old spare tire used to be, along with a power inverter. Does this make sense for running music appliances, such as a Bose Sounddock, while camping (fun camping, not the camping we Marines typically endure). Picture attached.

- Who makes the best-fitting sheepskin seat covers? I have found these guys to be highly recommended:

http://westcoastsheepskin.com/seat-covers/sheepskin-seat-covers/#cs

- Would it make sense to go ahead and install an Ipad in the vehicle? it just seems so much more convenient than a Garmin or TomTom GPS. I have a GPS wristwatch for running (Tag a few spots in the wilderness and run to them...and possibly get chased by wild bears...). Here's what I thought of for the mount - it could also entertain passengers (before the brake checking begins lol).

Apple iPad Holders & Mounts

- Rear tire carrier: there is a post and more space for another tire holder to be added. Should I just put on a jerry can holder? Looking for something more original. Picture attached.

- LICENSE PLATE HOLDER: I have been struggling with my OCD on this one...I need a license plate which is both visible and centered. I think a hard tire cover with a license plate would be tacky on this particular Rover...maybe a gray vinyl (that matches tent cover) with 4 grommets to install plate holder?

- Front Bumper: I would like to keep winch installed in current position, but am open to the idea of a new bumper and putting the winch on top. Anyone ideas on a good bumper to match the rear one? I like Alan Bates design the most, so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I will be a regular member on this site, not just a passer-by. I am very interested in Land Rover Clubs in the Eastern NC area, so if any of you are around here, give me a yell.

Peace, Love, WAR

Attached Thumbnails P &quot;38 Special&quot;-rover-6-8-2011-086.jpg   P &quot;38 Special&quot;-rover-6-8-2011-001.jpg   P &quot;38 Special&quot;-rover-6-8-2011-042.jpg   P &quot;38 Special&quot;-rover-6-8-2011-006.jpg   P &quot;38 Special&quot;-rover-6-8-2011-058.jpg