New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Reassurance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:07 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reassurance?

Hello all,

I just acquired a 1999 Range Rover 4.6 with 43,000 miles. It is in mint condition and has had all required service performed. However, my friends think I am crazy and tell me that I will be in the shop once a month (is that true?)........I am told I should have gotten a Toyota Landcruiser. Whatever.

I really love the car and as like with all Land Rovers, I believe it will maintain its attractiveness as it gets older. It blows the 2003 Denali I have been driving out of the water in terms of style.

Any advice, opinions, or input others have would be hugely appreciated.

Old 03-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Drifting
Default RE: Reassurance?

Oh a Land Snoozer is great...if you like driving a car that feels like it's a cloud that doesn't give the driver any feedback and says to people "yeah I go offroading in my flowerbed all the time".

Old 04-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Mudding

Good choice, I was thinking the same too.. i was at a point where i was just gonna buy the land cruiser, because of much cheaper it is to repair, and i trust the toyota dealership. But i dont know why i went for the LR, and made myself a good decision.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle

for one thing, toyotas are japanese, land rovers are british and owned by an american company (ford). to me, it is almost as if land rovers are american. one thing is for sure:

land rover = hummer and jeep recovery team!

Old 05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

land rover is teh win!

Old 05-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle

you know, kinda like how mach 1 can be said mach won

Old 05-30-2005, 12:46 AM
4th Gear

You made a good choice. They are a great looking vehicle and they will never go out of style. I have a 99 HSE with 41,000 miles. I also have a 2003 Range Rover but plan on trading it in for the new sport. I love my 99 and will never sell it. The thing is to just learn on how to work on them and you will be fine. I take mine off road all the time so it does take a beating but that is what they are made for. I have had know problems with my 99 except for the spark plug wires. Just because the miles are low doesn't mean that they don't need to be changed. It has been sitting around for a while. I had a misfire on 1,2, and 4 and when I changed the wires it runs better than ever. Just stay on top of the maintence and you will be fine. Do you have the dual exhaust?

Old 05-30-2005, 03:29 AM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: SMASH

Just stay on top of the maintence and you will be fine. Do you have the dual exhaust?
yes, maintenence is the key

Old 12-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Rock Crawling

Dude you got a great choice The range rover is super cool and strong F$$K what people say about the land cruiser it ain't all that tough as people have said it was maybe the old land cruiser but the late 80's to now the land cruiser is a candya## suv like it's lexus brother now don't get me wrong I'm not saying the land cruiser ain't cool but to it ain't got nothing on the land rover. Trust ME I see more land rovers than i do land cruisers you get the picture. RIGHT