New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Say hi to the newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 05:02 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Say hi to the newbie

Hey all! I'm planning on trading in my Audi A4 Quattro this year for an SUV or SAV, so I'm just trying to be as informed as possible. So far, top contenders are the LR3, Cayenne, or the X5. I have yet to drive any of them...I'd like to be armed with as much info as I can before I hit the dealers. For me, the LR3 currently has the edge, but I'm inclined to postpone my purchase if that is the case, since I have read so many problems with stalling and suspension on other forums. I realize that problems such as this are to be expected with any first-year model...and that not ALL of the first years are even experiencing these issues. But I, for one, am not willing to bet $50K+ that I will not be one of them. Any thoughts are welcome. The other option is to wait it out for the Audi Q7, but obviously, there is a risk involved there as well...not to mention the fact that I'm incredibly impatient!

Old 02-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Say hi to the newbie

welcome. first off id like to say that off roading kicks ***. if you are going to go off road i would definatly go with the Rover, because its the only one of those three with body on frame construction. but if you dont live in an area where there's no place to get dirty, or whatever. id stick with somthing a bit more carlike. it almost seems like it should be common sense, but aperently it isnt...

anywho, other than that theres not really that much i know about them. other than the Porsche and Bimmer are probably a lot faster. hope what little i said helps you at all.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Say hi to the newbie

or you wait a few more months and get the Ranger Rover Sport..

So far I know people have been disappointed with both the Porche and the BMW. The word on the Porche is go for the VW Toureg, as it is basically the same vehicle, just cheaper and better designed body.
The people that have bought the BMW have either reverted back to a standard BMW car or moved to Land Rover, Lexus, Toyota or Mitisbushi. But this is simply as the people I know are either into using the 4x4 as an off road toy or are into driving fast cars.