New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Wannabe a Rover...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 06:54 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wannabe a Rover...

Just had my import car impounded and was planning on getting a BMW Conv. but had a re-evaluation on my life. Decided that a sturdy 4wd vehicle would suit me better. What better vehicle then a Land Rover. Aside from the off-roading part, I have only heard bad things about the vehicle. If anyone can give me some ideas of what non-regular maintanance can be expected on a mid 90's model Disco.

Old 06-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Administrator
Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Wannabe a Rover...

welcome to the site. you mgiht get more help if you posted your question in the disco section!

Old 07-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wannabe a Rover...

other than normal maintanence problems. there are not to many things to worry about. trouble areas are the vaccum lines for the cruise control. window regulators breaking. Pain in the butt to fix, but is do able for most at home with common tools.
water in the floor board. usually associated with the a/c condensor drain tube. an east fix. The big thing about rovers is maintanence. I say the same thing to everyone. i have a 96 with 130k on it. few problems, quick and usually easy fixes.
Keep the maintanence up to date, there are fewer problems and they are less severe in their nature. Engine check lights come on that no one can find a cause for and it has to be reset. do a search for procedures and recommendations. Well you can hear a good thing about this one. I have had it since new and it is the best I have ever had. Hope it help welcome to this world. Gotta love a rover. duboff.