Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

BottorF Fabrication - Day 249 - Complete order not yet arrived!! BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default BottorF Fabrication - Day 249 - Complete order not yet arrived!!

Day 249 - From original order on 4/16/10 for one rear D2 bumper with swing-away tire holder with jerry can holder. D2 bumper finally arrived in mid-September after much nagging and calling and emailing and multiple promises that it has shipped. It arrived with no swing-away arm or jerry can holder. Late October the swing-way tire mount arrived, again after multiple promises that it ship, and finally when I was given a tracking number that was the magic that actually got it to me. Each time he failed to inform me by email or in the shipment that the shipment was not the outstanding portion of my order. He wonders why he has so many phone calls and has to answer them rather than be in the shop fabricating bumpers? A little communications would be nice!

Now - Day 11 and no receipt of final item of my order that supposedly shipped from PA to VA on Dec 10 that should consist of one jerry can holder and one complimentary jerry can holder(for my continued hassle). No return of my email to customer service or phone calls left with office assistant on the status of my final part of my order.

I do like what I have received, although others have reported less than quality products received. My only problem with Nate, the owner, is he has a problem determining when orders are shipped out, and providing a tracking number. Why? Because it appears that he has not shipped them out in many cases, but has just stated he has.

He is trying to reorganize his order process, and I applaud that, but please take care of your outstanding orders before moving on to new customers .

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 12-21-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I agree, until they are able to get their shop back on track, make no orders and send no money. I have a friend still waiting on a special order from last April and doubt he will ever see the parts or his deposit back.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I spoke to Melanie at Bottorf today, seems like Nate is keeping busy with filling new orders and meeting deadlines. I applaud that, but please do not forget those who order way back.

Nate,

I like my bumper, just need the rest of it. Hope things are turning around for you, just need to meet your previous commitments, and just share the facts about shipments and delivery dates, not what the customer wants to hear.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 12-21-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Man I am sorry to hear this.
Hopefully in the spring I can find a new fabricator, one who wants to make money and get my bumper building up and running.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same situation: ordered a bumper on 12/4/10, and now it's 3/28/11 and still no response. I paid in full and they've gone dark on me, no email, no refund, no phone call back. I was told in February that it would be shipped out, but when I checked back in a month later there was no answer. This is not good, because I really need a front bumper and I was told it would be delivered by early Februaray. Since I have received no return calls, emails, or refund, then I suggest then I cannot recommend this company. Bottorf takes the money, but delivers nothing in return. Fraud.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

call the local police dept there, they will ask if you are willing to show up to court to press charges say yes even if you won't when he gets the summons he will be in touch shortly. works better than leaving a voicemail.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle

He is on Ebay, but can't seem to keep those folks happy either, but you might get a response from him.