Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Buckhorn_imports in eBay bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:37 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

I'd just love to see Dan Chapman and the rest of the posse have a little fun with Taylor Bailey. His cry baby attitude won't get him very far on Dweb.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,478 Likes on 1,206 Posts

I think I would actually un-ban Dan to let him have fun in this thread lol. Brett (devildog) would also provide some great entertainment.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lol

Obviously your pretty butt hurt you won't get my business as you should be, but it's YOUR fault. If someone asks you if you have parts for sale, you usually say yes or no, not go look yourself cause we're too lazy.

Everyone knows customer service is important. If you can't tell someone if you have parts for sale or not, you have no business selling parts, that simple. Even if you said let me check and I'll get back to you, that's understandable, but not even trying is pathetic. And go ahead and add me to your huge list of blocked eBay users, I'm never buying from you as I already stated lol. It doesn't surprise me that you admit that your blocked list is growing, with the way you treat people I'm surprised your still in business and all eBay members are not blocked lol.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:22 AM
TReK

Gee Taylor, everyone seems to know customer service is import but you. What was your seller feedback on eBay again? Are you a Top Rated Seller on eBay like Joel and myself. It's really simple, sometimes there are buyers that a just not worth the bother and you, my badass friend are one. None of us are "butt hurt" (what are you sixteen years old?). We can see an immature, spoiled brat a mile away. You seem to have more in common with that teen who got off on the affluenza defense than a grown up. If the slightest thing doesn't go your way you throw a temper tantrum. It's time, just like on the bimmerforum where you haven't been able to post since 2014, to pack it in on this Land Rover board. We all have you're number and no manner of bitching and moaning will help you.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Hahahahaahha

Paul grant "the troll" is everywhere like you would espect a troll to be lol. Stick to the tire shop cause that's what you know best.

Last I heard you failed out of airplane mechanics and don't have a land rover lol.
What are you doing here (or with your life)?!?!! That was a rhetorical question so please don't answer.
Again, troll somewhere else.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:29 AM
TReK

So now you're just resorting to making things up. You've run out of anything else to say. The bulk of your massive 85 posts have been little more than whinging and whining. Move along, there's nothing left that you can add of any worth.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by badassbmwm3
What are you doing here (or with your life)?!?!! That was a rhetorical question so please don't answer.

Unaware of your own irony... wow. I see you like rhetorical questions. How's this thread working out for you? Is it everything you hoped it would be?

I expect that may be lost on you, so while it soaks in let me tell you how the thread worked for me. Instead of any monetary loss, your posting helped bring awareness to the Kalahari door panels I had for sale. Thanks! The increased traffic to that item brought me a buyer within 48 hours. Also this thread has served an educational purpose, I only wish the title read "How not to contact an eBay Seller" or "Searching an eBay Store for Dummies" so that in the future it would be easier for users to find with a quick search.

Oh, shoot, sorry. A search is this thing you can do when there is a large amount of information to look through. You just type what you are looking for in a little box and click a button and it actually looks for that specific thing faster than you can. On eBay for example, there are search boxes everywhere. You can even go to a specific seller's eBay Store page and there is a search box just for the items that user has available.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

So let me try to piece this together, though I still haven't seen the original question asked by the OP.

- OP asks if Joel has the rest of the interior bits to go along with the door panels. Not a crazy question and often times eBay sellers will combine shipping or give a discount if buying a set or multiple items.
- Joel responds with "All our interior parts are listed on our ebay store". This is the typical unhelpful answer I've come to expect from Joel over the years.
- OP responds with a slightly snarky "so yes or no? Pretty simple question."
- Not to be outdone Joel quips "Pretty simple answer. We have about 400 items in our ebay store have a look."
- Then the train really comes off the tracks when OP goes on about never doing business with again, etc.

We now know that the OP has a history of being argumentative. However, Joel did not know that when he answered him.
So basically you're left with an eBay seller who is too busy or lazy or doesn't care enough to check his own inventory and respond in a courteous fashion to a potential buyer. And you also have an ebay buyer with a chip on his shoulder.

While its easy to say "well this OP guy is a douche so that's the problem", there's more to it that just that. And to say Joel had no part in this isn't being genuine.

The answers Joel gave is just how he is; unhelpful. And it makes you wonder if he's that unhelpful to potential buyers how helpful will he be if there is a problem with a part he sells? I have and will continue to stear clear of Joel for that very reason.

I also stear clear of Will Tillery because he gave me pretty poor service in the past. He sent me the wrong parts, was impossible to get ahold of, then never did make it right, send me different parts, or refund my money. I know Will is like a god on Dweb but I honestly don't know why.

I've had VERY good luck with Paul Grant, RovahFarm, and Lucky8. I have had multiple transactions with all of the and all have been handled professionally.

Last edited by fishEH; 01-13-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:09 AM

Honestly Brett you have a fair question. The difference in how you and I see the original question comes down to a few factors, most all directly related to selling on eBay.

I need to address the comment about combined shipping- since 99.9% of what I sell on eBay I am paying the shipping for, I would assume that it is obvious that I am going to combine shipping by default. As for discounts, we have a lot of items where buyers can submit a best offer, name your own discount if you will, and we also do sweeping discounts most of the time on items based on different factors. As if these parts aren't already cheap enough these days!

First off, as you know eBay makes money by collecting fees from sellers when an item is sold. For that reason, if a buyer contacts you and wants to do a deal off eBay, that would be "circumvention of eBay fees" and if caught (easy to get caught with messages sent through their own system as evidence) that would be grounds for suspension. I make money with eBay, they make money with me, I think this is a (pretty) fair relationship as is and I am not willing to risk it based on someone who pops off an eBay message to me. This is why lots of eBay sellers push folks to pick up the phone if you have a question. Also this is why eBay does not allow us to post our email address on their site, so that anyone who finds us on there can only send us a message through their system... anyway the point being, it is unfair to throw a wish list out and expect an eBay seller to just cut you a deal, but hardly anyone realizes this. I think Paul would agree, these requests come day and night and rarely convert to any kind of sales. It does make us look cold and unhelpful to ignore messages though, so when this one came in at 7pm while I was at home taking a **** I decided to go ahead and respond as best I could.

I'll cut and paste the exact question from his initial contact.

Do you have the complete matching interior? Seats, dash, center console, trunk lining, pillar covers and all?
Now, the listing he used to contact me was for a set of door panels from a Kalahari D2 with a very specific interior, so you may assume that this person was asking about a complete matching interior, right? But who knows? Because sometimes when a user wants to ask you a question, especially if they are in another country or they are looking at a translated eBay listing, they will just find some random item and ask a random question. Often I get incredibly vague questions of this type and it shows a listing that ended weeks or months ago when it sold to a completely different user. This happens all. the. time. Last week a gentleman called after seeing a listing of mine on the internet, wanting to know if it was still available, turns out he was seeing a mirrored copy of a listing that ended over two years ago. Likewise, based on this user ID (baileybimmer) , I couldn't say for sure that he even was looking for Land Rover parts at all- I also sell a decent bit of BMW and even Mercedes stuff. Furthermore, based on the content of his question I also had doubts this was Land Rover related. As all "pillar covers" are the same color, I can't quite consider them as matching any interior color... and I have yet to see any kind of matching "trunk liner" in a Land Rover.

In ANY event, it seems obvious that if they were asking about these items they had not checked my Store listings yet, because if they had they would have seen several pillar type items at the very least. I readily admit that I do not know off the top of my head exactly every single item I have, and if this person is after a specific color of anything I am ill equipped off the cuff to report what I have or haven't got from the comfort of the toilet seat in my master bathroom. I used to be able to search my own store inventory from the eBay app on a mobile device, but I can't get it to work anymore and that wouldn't help this user anyhow.

It would be easiest, and fastest for them to simply search the store for what they want then we can go from there. So, that was my suggestion, and I replied with:

Dear baileybimmer,

All our interior parts are listed on our eBay Store

- buckhorn_imports
I know what you are thinking Brett, I could have spent more (a lot more) explaining all I just explained here to this poor person, so that they would understand, and the same thought crossed my mind as well. I decided as soon as I got the chance I would write them back to follow up and ask for clarification on what exactly they were looking for and if I could be any help. I thought to myself, "I may not have been as helpful as I could have been there, but at least I was able to respond quickly in some fashion..." Sadly, before I could even finish that thought, or finish dropping the kids at the pool, a reply came through:

So yes or no? Pretty simple question.
I realized then that I was no longer sorry for not holding this persons hand and intimately trying to determine what exactly they wanted, because after all, you can't help a person who can't help themselves. I could have just said no, but... why? I could have just said yes to his initial query to the same effect, just giving an answer to give an answer with no regards to the accuracy of the information. I don't feel right doing that. Even though I was rapidly regretting making any attempt at responding to a eBay message after business hours, I still felt the need to give the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps baileybimmer doesn't understand that I am an eBay seller. Perhaps they don't have any idea. Certainly they don't understand that I am unable to run back to the shelves and check the entire stock for the mystery vehicle, unknown color, wish list right that very second.

Pretty simple answer. We have about 400 items in our eBay Store have a look.

Now Brett, you formed your own opinion about me a long time ago and I respect that. Not everyone in this life will get along with everyone they meet, I get it. But I do try and help people. I sometimes spend hours of my day doing nothing but checking on stuff for folks that I don't have or can't even get. I don't get a kick out of not being able to help, but if I can't help someone you won't see me pretending I can or creating any illusions about it. If I cant help you I won't- not because I am "unhelpful" but because i can't. That's all there is to it.

Hope that answers your questions buddy

Old 01-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Ugh.....I hate to contribute to this, but as a vendor, a vendor that doesn't do ebay.......none of this would have happened if the reply was.......

The listing covers the item/items available.

Done, no more, no less..............Done.

If the a-hole customer persists.....add the word 'sorry' and copy/paste.

Quick Reply: Buckhorn_imports in eBay bad idea?