Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Dear Santa. . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011 | 10:16 AM
|
Mudding
Default Dear Santa. . .

http://www.resilienttech.com/

Last edited by JamesDisco97; 12-13-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-13-2011 | 11:15 AM
TReK

^^^ Linky no worky ^^^

Old 12-13-2011 | 12:30 PM
|
Mudding

fixed

Old 12-13-2011 | 04:02 PM
TReK

Those are super sweet. I saw a blip about those a while back but they were on an Audi or something.

What a fun job doing R&D for that company

Old 12-14-2011 | 03:31 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Those are super sweet. I saw a blip about those a while back but they were on an Audi or something.

What a fun job doing R&D for that company
Yeh but I dont think they would handle EVERYTHING we could throw at them...

I would like to see how they handle a 20+ mph hit into a curb etc...
Potholes at 50 etc...

Old 12-14-2011 | 07:10 PM
TReK

"Extensive testing currently is ongoing. The initial focus is on U.S. military applications, where tire deflation caused by rough terrain or ballistic events could place military personnel in immediate danger."

Pretty sure they could handle a pothole since it's designed to handle IED's.

Old 12-14-2011 | 10:39 PM
Pro Wrench

One thing I noticed watching the video: When coming to a stop, the vehicle jiggles back and forth due to the flexibility of the tire assembly. I think that would get old very quickly in stop and go driving.

Old 12-15-2011 | 09:44 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
"Extensive testing currently is ongoing. The initial focus is on U.S. military applications, where tire deflation caused by rough terrain or ballistic events could place military personnel in immediate danger."

Pretty sure they could handle a pothole since it's designed to handle IED's.
Being a combat vet, mechanic, I would put the current military run flats up against this rim...

In places like the middle east, things made of these materials dry out fast, get beat hard.

The dodge truck you seen in the video weighs HALF of what a up armored 1114 weighs. (MAX 12,000lbs)

Also the humvee in the video is a base model coming in at around 6,000lbs and I dont like the way he slowly edged his way onto the wooden block with curved edges. Why not do a rigorous test to show off your invention? To me that humvee video looks scaled back, or they only showed what they currently have the ability to do...I would also like to see a video based on the side movements, like taking a tight turn at full steering rotation, or travelling up a hill and then along the hill...

The rim is plastic, modified composition perhaps, I didnt investigate the chemicals used...but Id be willing to bet, it has a breaking point, and that point is a good sharp object...once one of those cells breaks the rest of the cells load starts to increase...

Ballistic is one thing...an IED is totally different...below is the results of a vbied, notice the wheels? The tires are flat, BUT still able to drive away normally, since there is a runflat sytem installed.

Dont get me wrong, I like the idea for, say, off roading, or muddin, or a novelty etc, I just dont think currently it has me sold...

Old 12-15-2011 | 09:45 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
One thing I noticed watching the video: When coming to a stop, the vehicle jiggles back and forth due to the flexibility of the tire assembly. I think that would get old very quickly in stop and go driving.
OR, an extreme stop with a 10,000 lb humvee towing a 3-4,000 pound trailer...I would like to see a video of the rims handling that...

Old 12-15-2011 | 11:06 AM
TReK

Quick Reply: Dear Santa. . .