Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ebay scam

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Ebay scam

Just a small warning. I have had extreme problems with a vendor and their courier who sent a replacement for some domestic LED lamps. The second box arrived very battered and I received 3 photos from the freight forwarding company who I know of personally. When they came to load the battered box they found even more damage on the packaging and decided that it felt like it was actually empty, so Gary opened it, it was, totally empty, no goods whatsoever. Be warned, don't trust Ebay vendors or their couriers as you may lose a lot more cash than I did. The Ebay company found in favour of the vendor so no refund forthcoming, hmmm, one wonders who pulls whose strings being the vendor had already declared the first consignment had been 'lost in transit'. The French Police have taken an active interest and contacted the West Yorkshire police to investigate. Admittedly, I've only lost about $25 worth but it might have been $2,500 instead. Be warned, adverts and vendors aren't all they appear to be and Ebay collaborates with whoever they get the most cash from.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:31 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

I've just watched a programme on fake goods and fake reviews which are enlightening. The top offenders, Ebay and some travel 'professional' review companies. These companies appear to support fraudulent scammers by failing to investigate their sellers properly, if at all. If you check various review 'recommendation' websites you will see that 5 star glowing reviews appear with identical wording and dates for the same goods or vacations but with different companies or sources.

You may be unaware but checking out feedback is a waste of time, you can buy and transfer fake feedback online and in fact many of the claimed vendors do not actually exist and you will be wasting your money and never receive any goods.

So beware, scams have taken a more sinister turn for the worse.