Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Genuine brake rotors and pads for cheap from John Craddock ltd ($222.89)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 10:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Just making an observation...no dog in this bickering...and yes..."Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care".

Continue on...lol.

Brian.
I wanted to say... 'Jimmy cracked corn and it sounds like a sweet deal to me' but I didn't for obvious reasons.

Carry on.. don't mind me. I've been buying my parts locally and thru reputable sellers online that are here on the forum.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi TRIAR11

You do realise you'll upset the Donald by buying non US goods, he'll probably nuke you for that eh.

The following users liked this post:
TRIARII (04-26-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
You should probably re-read above. You missed afew things Im sure you can save some coin buying a mix of genuine and aftermarket parts (or all aftermarket for that matter). But you only get what you pay for.... This thread highlights the cost savings of buying Genuine rotors and pads. Not a mix of aftermarket rubbish sold domestically. Check out the carts above. All parts listed in carts are genuine only.

If you can buy top of the line parts and save $$ then why the hell pass it up for rubbish?
Didn't you just get a mix of rubbish?
And not using the rotor retaining screw!? Are you kidding me? You know the engineers put that there for a reason...

Old 04-26-2017, 07:22 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hi TRIAR11

You do realise you'll upset the Donald by buying non US goods, he'll probably nuke you for that eh.
No worries man. I enjoy supporting the British and will continue to buy the bulk of my auto parts and accessories from over the pond. With most of the issues being sorted out I have the confidence to take my D2 on more ambitious road trips and really put the old girl through her paces. None of this would have been possible without the help of UK businesses like John Craddock and Turner Engineering.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hi TRIAR11

Trumps nuke would be better served on this joke you tried to make.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
seems pretty cut and dry to me Genuine to Genuine you over pay coming from the UK Vendor.

Over here waiting for Julian's response to this.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Camel Trophy

As a side note, great to see you, Jafir, at an event sponsored by both Rovers North and Lucky 8. Weird to not see Craddocks on the sponsor list, with all the business they're getting here.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:07 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Over here waiting for Julian's response to this.

I did not bother commenting because the shopping cart does not list part numbers or list the parts as Genuine. But if Jafir is correct there is a whopping $30ish in savings not including domestic sales tax; sounds like it still evens out unless of course Jafir is tax exempt...

So why exactly is Land Rover Merriam retailing parts for less than Rovers North and other domestic suppliers? Do all Domestic suppliers pay the same import/duty fees or are you just trying to squeeze out as much $$$$ from your customers?

Old 04-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Camel Trophy

I'm guessing you didn't comment because you didn't want to admit that you were incorrect... which you are. There's also no tax unelss you're in the same state. It's a Land Rover dealer, so they're selling Genuine parts.

Land Rover Merriam parts IS Land Rover, so obviously they're paying less than we are, so they sell them for less.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,163 Likes on 839 Posts
Default Not necessarily...

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
There's also no tax unelss you're in the same state.
Michigan passes new ?Amazon Tax? law requiring Internet sales tax collection - Lexology

In Michigan you pay sales tax on internet purchases (or you're required too, if the out of state merchant fails to do so), regardless of whether or not the store has a physical presents in the state. Use to be, they only charged tax...if...they had a brick and mortar store (example, if you bought at Sears online and there was an actual Sears store located in the state)...but now I'm seeing tax on several purchases I make online. Some places I deal with are not charging sales tax, but I'm assuming they are either absorbing the tax and not passing it on to their consumer...or they are just ignoring the law/tax.

Actually, several states have started doing this same thing...either requiring a phyisical presents or any online purchase.

Anyhow, just thought I'd pass along some facts.

Brian.

The following users liked this post:
TRIARII (04-29-2017)

Quick Reply: Genuine brake rotors and pads for cheap from John Craddock ltd ($222.89)