Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Green Lane & Off Road Film Making

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Green Lane & Off Road Film Making

You might have seen some of the video’s I’ve put together recently. They seem to have been really well received and my YouTube channel has gone haywire with questions about laning, filming and editing footage.

Anyway, I’ve decided to start a blog based around my alter ego movie producer that I use for all of these films, bendifroot.

The blog covers recent lane trips, who I am and what I do and how I put these films together and I plan to regularly update it as I make new films, learn new things or generally just to chat about green laning and off roading. It will be liberally splashed with tales my ineptitude as I am far better at making films than I am at driving!

If this sounds like something you’d be interested in why not come and take a look? If you like the content there’s the option to subscribe and get notified of future updates or just ask me general questions about my videos.

Bendifroot Productions | Stumbling Blindly Through this World

Old 02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just constructive crtisizm: too many screen effects and changeovers, not enough live footage of really cool stuff. Given that I only watched one video but that was my initial take. No flame.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 AM
Mudding

No that's fine mate and your not the first person to say that.

My videos are progressing. I assume you watched an earlier one because when I got new editing software I did go crazy but have gradually reigned them back in! Most of my videos are now entirely live action with consistent transitions and far less effects so perhaps take a look at the recent ones!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Winching

You know what...Im sorry that was just one video...I have since watched a few others and I love them, the one I was refering to was a mixture.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 AM
Mudding

No problem mate. You can hopefully see that I've taken on board what you said or had already realised it myself and the quality is getting a bit better each time.

I was out in Bala Forest in Wales at the weekend on some really tough terrain and we were using sand ladders and winches just to get us off some sections. That should make a good video when I get round to editing it!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Winching

Yes sir! I am enjoying your videos! Keep em coming.