Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Help needed in New Jersey!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed in New Jersey!

I recently sold my AMG 22in multi spoke wheels and tires (link below) to a Chandra Sarkar of Scotch Plains, NJ on ebay (user casp2011), after a month from shipping the wheels in 32inx32inx12in boxes (90lbs) each he claims they were never delivered. UPS and their gps tracking say otherwise. He filed a claim on ebay stating they were never delivered. Ebay sided with him, now he gets to keep the rims, my money and I am out shipping costs as well! I am in need of help to see if anyone can spot this guy with these rims and tires or see if anything like them is coming up for sale in the NJ area.
UPS and I advised him to file a police report, to my knowledge he has not. I am at wits end with this guy and ebay. He did not try at all to help resolve this issue. A little backstory before he purchased them, he stated he would have to find a backspacing adapter to fit his car (unfortunately he never told me but I assume a GL or GLS). So I can guess he never found the correct spacer and instead of trying to contact me to return the wheels, he wanted to keep them (to resell) and get his money back. I don't even know what to do with ebay. I provided them every document I had access to and UPS was more than willing to provide whatever they could. So buyer be ware to not purchase from casp2011!
FS - AMG 166 22in Multi Spoke (14) wheel set with Pirelli P-Zeros - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 11-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please PM me his address, and I'll see what I can do.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Drifting

Nothing showing up on craigslist btw.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:51 PM
Drifting

Found it:
1630 Raritan Road, please confirm.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:01 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Bogwhoppit
Found it:
yes, that is correct. I believe he has a gated driveway so idk if you'll be able to see anything.
And I have been checking CL as well.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-18-2017, 08:05 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Bogwhoppit
Found it:
If anyone drives by, check to see if he has security cameras please.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:38 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

As a seller on eBay for almost 19 years with close to 20,000 transactions, one thing I've learned in dealing with them in instances like this is NEVER take the decision you get from a rep as final. I have learned that multiple calls can result in a change in the decision. You need to find a representative who actually understands what has happened. If you just walk away from eBay and don't fight the decision, if 30 days has past since the claim was "resolved," however unsatisfactorily it may have been, you're really out of luck. Get back on the phone and keep calling until you get a rep who actually want to work with you.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:10 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
As a seller on eBay for almost 19 years with close to 20,000 transactions, one thing I've learned in dealing with them in instances like this is NEVER take the decision you get from a rep as final. I have learned that multiple calls can result in a change in the decision. You need to find a representative who actually understands what has happened. If you just walk away from eBay and don't fight the decision, if 30 days has past since the claim was "resolved," however unsatisfactorily it may have been, you're really out of luck. Get back on the phone and keep calling until you get a rep who actually want to work with you.

Oh come on Paul, now that is great advise (that should be taken) but isn't it more fun to send people on covert missions to look for security cameras?? Where is your Mission Impossible sense of adventure?

Last edited by OverRover; 11-22-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:50 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
trust me I called every day the claim was open and everyone would get a different answer. All in all ebay decided to back the buyer and there is nothing that can be done about it, that was the only thing the same that the reps would tell me.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

CASP2011 appears to be someone by the name of Chris, located in CT who has an eBay store called Chris's Store where he's selling very expensive watches alongside wheels for Porsche's, BMW, and Audi's.

http://stores.ebay.com/Chris-s-Store?_rdc=1

Is this the person who purchased your wheels because is certainly doesn't seem to match the information you originally posted about someone in Scotch Plains, NJ.

Quick Reply: Help needed in New Jersey!