Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Holiday in the US

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Holiday in the US

I think I need to get away from it all for a vacation (or just bang my head on a convenient wall a few times). I've done most of europe and the far east and now fancy returning to the US. I enjoyed NY but now would prefer the 'big country' and less people and the great thing is.........we speak the same language (well almost ). Where's the best states for us to go, I liked Colorado and Texas cos it's big and interesting but I would prefer some recomendations. I like country with interest but don't do too many people as it's just stress. Hills, canyons plains are good as is photography. I would reckon on about a month in the US and move around state to state. It would be good to meet some of the forum guys and talk Rovers and general cr@p as well.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd say you could do good in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Washington or Oregon.

California has lots of people but also has lots of things to see and there's places you can get away from the crowds (Sierras, Death Valley & Southern Desert, most anyplace north of Sacramento).

You may want to check out Expedition Portal. They have plenty of articles and a more travel oriented bulletin board.

Good luck.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Colorado

Everything in and west of the Rockies is good country. I'll post a few photo's of last weekend's day around Silverton. South West of Craig towards Utah is open country and beautiful. Craig is THE elk hunting capitol.

Ignore the titles, just look at the scenery - had no time to translate.

Attached Thumbnails Holiday in the US-03-op-die-kontinent-se-breeklyn.jpg   Holiday in the US-04-een-van-die-baie-eetplekke-silverton.jpg   Holiday in the US-08-ons-op-11000-vt.jpg   Holiday in the US-24-nog-rooibergwarerverf.jpg