Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

It's all fun and games until Santa checks the 'naughty' list!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 discos
to get my 03/04 up and running before the snowstorm��...pleeeease somebody help... I can do most of the work myself but it's getting too cold even in my garage
huh.. not seeing that post in the DII forum yet.... another little something I learned at therapy so I don't feel too bad about myself:

and then I remembered my restraining order...

Last edited by landlover_1; 12-18-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:14 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
A new transfer case/transmission. Not sure I made a good impression with the new neighbors....
Do you care AR , tell em to go watch tv and not you eh

Old 12-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by landlover_1
huh.. not seeing that post in the DII forum yet.... another little something I learned at therapy so I don't feel too bad about myself:

and then I remembered my restraining order...
Ll_1, I'm afraid I have another take on life, it goes like this "never trust in anyone until they prove to you otherwise and you'll never be disappointed". This has proved very true throughout my life and career. I'm the eternal pessimist in everything so it sits well with me. My dad told me that little gem.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Ll_1, I'm afraid I have another take on life, it goes like this "never trust in anyone until they prove to you otherwise and you'll never be disappointed". My dad told me that little gem.
Hi Offroad. Well your dad would get along well with my parents as I basically grew up with the same slogan. 'Always keep an eye out for someone's ulterior motive - don't trust anyone and stay one step ahead of the game'. I was taught to look deeper and see what someone 'wanted' from me, because it seems there are people who will always try to exploit you, whether it be by a weakness or stupidity. I'm a hard headed woman, I don't trust many people and if I let you into my circle it's because I actually like you. It takes me a long time to trust and it doesn't come easily. I'm a little upset at myself actually because I feel like the one time I threw caution to the wind and let people into my life (thought my parents were a bit too cautious), I was kicked in the gut two times over. Once by an ex business partner and another time by someone I thought I could really trust.

Live and learn.. must have been one of those life's lessons I need(ed) to learn. Everything happens for a reason so back to the therapist....in the interim I'm watching cheesy feel-good Christmas movies about love and life lessons while keeping my toes warm wearing thick wool socks.

Last edited by landlover_1; 12-18-2016 at 04:56 PM.