Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Landlover_1

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Landlover_1

Where has Landlover_1 disappeared to recently as I haven't seen any posts from her for sometime.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

She posted yesterday in the for sale section, topic regarding several cases of baby formula. Something, it seems, every Land Rover Discovery owner should have...lol.

Brian.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm here.. haven't gone far. What would you like to talk about?

Thanks for missing me!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Nothing?...
huh.

Men...

'Some men break your heart in two, some men fawn and flatter, some men never look at you, and that cleans up the matter'.

Oh how Ms. Parker knew what she was talking about....

I wish men did.

One day it's Rovers, the next day it's fitness, the next day it's fender flares, skirt chasing and beer. It's hard to keep up on this forum. Just the other day a guy was talking about baby formula. I mean really?!?!?!...

Oh, and I'm glad that my name isn't Adam right now... poor sap.

But it seems that I'm digressing again.

I wish I knew what it was that men want. They put your name up in lights and then shoot you down just as quick.

Sigh...

At least I was looked at. Never mind the laughing..

..it was definitely a look.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Hello? Hello?.. anyone?

So I was perusing Craigslist today (again) and thought I'd see what was available in the LR3 market. Not much.. a couple of nice looking rigs with higher miles for around $8000. Some fancy schmancy Ranger Rovers out of my price range.

...and then I spotted a lonely old 97 disco for a low low price

bummed is not even the word.

I wonder what happened. I hope someone saves her.. she definitely looks lonely.

On a positive note.. um...

nevermind

There's always a silver lining

Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi Ll_1,

Good to see your around and chirpy. I was concerned as I hadn't seen any posts from you lately and wondered whether all was OK with you. Keep smiling, they say 'laugh and the world laughs with you'

Old 04-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks Offroad

I'm hanging in there and eating flaxseed whenever possible. You know what they say.. chirpy food equals a chirpy mood! Flaxseed isn't all that appetizing but the side effects aren't so bad. I had to shrink my jeans in the dryer Monday as I was tired of wiggling and pulling them up all of the time. So something is working in my favor

Missing conversation though. The place I work at is as quiet as a morgue and I get lonely staring at nothing out the window. We used to have wildlife sit outside for extended periods of time and that was fun to watch. I think it has been a year though since I've had to get out my binoculars.

chirp chirp chirp! Good to hear from you!

Old 04-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Camel Trophy
Default Heard plenty of conversation this morning...

And had the binoculars out, too, as I watched a rooster pheasant flap his wings and call across the open field...in hopes of collecting a fair maiden. His cackle was challenged in ever direction, by fellow suitors. Spring is a tough time for the so misunderstood male.

Watched five healthy deer munch on long hidden grasses, trying to ensure a strong start for their soon to be off spring.

Also had a tom turkey sounding off, keeping his ladies in check (6). The poor challenging jake, all fanned out...just simply stood his ground. His hopes were dashed as the tom and his ladies meandered away.

Brian.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I call fowl on this conversation It's ludicrous to think that males are misunderstood - they know exactly what they are doing and why they are doing it.

It's interesting to watch the parallels between the field and human interaction. Males of any species aren't too dissimilar in how they go about attracting their prospective mate. Just as the Peacock, Pheasant or Turkey spreads his feathers to show the female his spots or large tail, men seem inclined to woo women by their social status, muscles and/or worldly possessions. I suppose by societal standards this is what men think women want. Maybe it is ingrained in our 'soft DNA' from years of hunter/gatherer behavior and competitive courting.

I spoke with someone this weekend who felt inclined to exhibit his feathers even though he knew that there was no opportunity for advancement with me. It was online and he doesn't know me so I found it interesting that he followed this formula. First he sent me a photo. I didn't ask for one and I didn't reciprocate. The photo was of him working out at the gym, showing off his muscles. Conversation was humorous, interesting to say the least and we shared a few laughs. Next came the photo of his brand new Camaro. Then came the photos of his professionally designed cabin and a photo of him in front of his grill with a glass of Jack in hand. I had started conversing with him because he sounded like he was in pain and I had felt for his situation (loss of his girlfriend). It wasn't until I caught him lying numerous times that I questioned his intentions. Not to mention that he was speaking to me under the pretense of missing someone but already planning his weekend getaway with another love interest. Interesting, huh?

I'm a very social creature who craves connection and deep conversation. My profession is fairly solitaire leaving me, at times, feeling like something is missing from my life (interaction???). When I do find someone that I feel a connection with I find myself struggling between saying 'yes' and engaging, or withdrawing and walking away. I can be serious at times - even if many of you know me to be a 'jokester'. And I'll be the first to admit that I have a very cynical look at life at times - especially when I see parallels between the behavior of bird life and the average joe.

So the next time you see a lone rooster pheasant shouting out his call, look around in the woods, there is probably a female counterpart hiding out under a pile of leaves

Last edited by landlover_1; 04-09-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:07 AM
Camel Trophy

If social interaction and deep conversation are something you desire, sounds like you need to make some changes in your work environment (and please don't read into that as blunt as it sounds). Just making an observation, base on the info provided. Only you can make the situation better, life is not like a movie where the knight in shining armor finds you...tucked away and out of sight. You need to change your environment to one that compliments your desires...or increases your chances of meeting someone with similiar interest. The whole opposites attract thingy...in the end...is a stick of dynamite looking for a match.

So, as far as figuring out what makes a relationship work, especially after the feather flapping/strutting has ended and you're committeed to someone for life, is a question that is different for each person/couple. Honesty, is always a good rule to follow. Anything based on lies or deception will not last, guaranteed.

Well, the clock just mentioned work is waiting. Other thoughts will have to wait.

Brian.