Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Lucky 8 bad experience.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lucky 8 bad experience.

So a while back I ordered a key fob from lucky 8 through eBay.. They "lost" the order. Finally a week later they said they shipped the fob and I did indeed receive an empty container from them, nothing was inside.
I had to again contact them and they finally shipped the fob. So almost three weeks later I finally got the fob.

I initially tried to contact them about why it had not shipped over a week after I ordered it. I for no response initially so I left a negative feedback.
Honest, not mean or ugly but very factual.

I then got a response and they asked me to remove the negative feedback. I told them I would consider when I got the fob. That's when they shipped me an empty bag with nothing inside.
After more back and forth I finally got the fob and left hmthe feedback as it was.

I had forgotten about the order and just went to order a shuttle valve from them and got a message that they were not accepting bids from me.

Lol. They screw up TWICE, I leave a very honest feedback and they refuse to do more business with me....

The following users liked this post:
DakotaTravler (05-09-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two things I ordered from them showed up as expected. That said, your experience can happy to anyone. Sucks you had a bad experience.

WNYErikDiscoII (05-09-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Very surprising. They have been awesome to deal with from my experience.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

I’ve had bad thermostats from them and when I shipped them back they stated they never received it

and the video where they install the cdl shifter with that girl that looked so uncomfortable what a joke

Old 05-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 717 Likes on 603 Posts

I have not had much luck with them either. Unless someone is using their name, but the from address is theirs. They also have multiple accounts for some odd reason. I bought something that came form them, a seal, but the seller name was "discountlrparts" and I did not notice it was actually Lucky 8. I ended up having to order the seal from another seller to get the complete part. Was very annoyed.

FYI - Feedback ratings are just that, feedback about the experience. NO SELLER should ever as you to remove a rating if its 100% based on truth. Period.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 592 Likes on 335 Posts

I haven't had any problems and my experiences have been good. Quick to respond to email, better prices than most and quick shipping. I have bought a lot of parts lately from a number of vendors and these guys tend to be pretty good in my opinion. Below is a link to my build list on Google Sheets if you're interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Old 05-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 717 Likes on 603 Posts

Makes me wonder if the eBay part of their business is a very separate division as the "main" Lucky 8 and not held to the same standards. I have not bought direct form them, just via eBay.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

The CDL video

Old 05-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

I’ve bought several things from them in several different years transactions and have had good experiences on all.

I bought everything from their main webpage.

I would bet your experience has been a accidental one...but hey..I’m glad you shared it

Old 05-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 146 Likes on 102 Posts

Not accepting bids from you? Haha, don’t give them another dime. Rimmer Brothers and LRdirect across the pond are cheaper even with shipping and I have yet to receive an empty box.

Just AMAZED that they won’t take your money. What kind of business does that?!?

dont worry dude, they’ll get theirs in the end.

Quick Reply: Lucky 8 bad experience.