Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Multiple Lawsuits Filed Against Commonwealth Classics

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2023, 05:34 AM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Multiple Lawsuits Filed Against Commonwealth Classics

Hi all,

There is unfortunately another business out there brining down the Defender build community by taking huge sums of money and never delivering trucks.

Commonwealth Classics, out of Marshall, Va., currently has 9 customers who became aware of each other through previous employees of Commonwealth Classics.

All 9 of us have given some amount of money totaling upwards of $750K and not a single truck has been delivered in as long as 2 years.

My personal experience spans 18 months, a lawsuit, a legal agreement of repayment that was supposed to see me made whole in February 2023, and an original contract in Dec. 2021 that was to have a completed truck in 7-9 months.

My experience is NOT unique. Bill Desrosiers spends months at a time ignoring his customers, dodging phone calls, emails, visits from the local Sheriff, and providing no updates or bull**** excuses as to why he has made no progress on builds in 6-8 months.

Keep your hard earned money safe and keep our defender enthusiast community safe from people like Bill. We are all in different stages of seeking our trucks or returned funds through law enforcement and civil cases.

Please share this information far and wide! Their social media account makes it look like an actual well-run business but most photos are of incomplete trucks, trucks that are 2-3 years old, trucks on consignment built by others like "Unique Masterpieces", or hand-picked photos of a certain component like upholstery or steering wheels.

Please comment and share any experience you have with Commonwealth Classics and any recommendations for the group of us to get our money back or trucks delivered.

The following users liked this post:
jwseely (04-07-2024)